MB Quart PVF vs. PCE

Participant count
  • Participant list

speedracerx
10+ year member

RAT POWER
Oz,Ks
I'm having trouble getting consistent specs on MB Quart componets. I'm considering purchasing 5.25" or 6" MB Quarts and Polk. On Ebay the MB Quarts list various specs for the same models. MB Quart evidently recently replaced the PCE's with PVF's, which is sometimes spec.ed with larger tweeters. Any help on the differences and opinions would be great. They will mount in custom sealed enclosures in the doors next to 8" Polk Momo woofers.

PVF is the new model I think for 07, PCEs are last years model

I dont know if that answered your question, what exactly are you asking, I cant comprehend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

MB Quart's home sight shows the new PVC line with over 1" tweeters and only has owners manual downloads for the PCE line. Ebay stores list both lines with the same tweeter, and other various specs (rms power, etc.) that conflict with the specs on MB Quart's sight. Anyway, I purchased the Polk 6.5" Momo components because I like their smooth sounding tweeters. Tell me if made the wrong choice.

The PCE is a better comp set, newest MB Quart comps have had the quality cut by maxsonic inorder to lower costs, i have had the older premiums and compared to the new ones you can notice a differance.

The PCE is a better comp set, newest MB Quart comps have had the quality cut by maxsonic inorder to lower costs, i have had the older premiums and compared to the new ones you can notice a differance.
Yep your right, a local shop that carries MB is going to stop once he sells all his older MB stuff, because quality has gone down and things are alot cheaper, but still even the new stuff is good, but not what it used to be

And the Polk MOMOs are a really good set, you wont be disappointed!!

Code:
Ne other input on this? I was thinkin bout switching from my old referance comps to the 07 q line but if this is true I think ill go another way.

the new Quarts are still a solid speaker, but the newer stuff isnt as good as the older stuff

look for some QSD-216, i think they are an 05 or 06 model, if your looking at the MB Quart Q-Series, they are a very good comp set and sound great!!

From what i was told the new RVF and PVF lines were not being handmade in Germany anymore. Whether or not the PCE line was actually handmade either i dont know. But i run the PCE-216's and i was told if you can still find them to go with the older models because the build quality was way better pre-maxxsonics. I actualy like the way the newer models look. especially the crossovers, but i'll take quality over looks. The PCE's are one of the best sounding speakers I've ever heard. There's a lot of guys on here that run them also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.