MB Quart = Crap?

sungwei
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
lkj
Was talking to a friend of mine who runs a pro audio shop. This guy knows what he's talking about as he has built several vehicles that take first place in national sound quality competitions. Even took 2nd internationally and is featured in magazines. He said MB Quarts are garbage and that they are made in Korea, (or somewhere over in the far East) and are owned and operated by the same people who own Rockfart Fosgayt. That was a bit disappointing to my knowledge as I own a set of MB Quarty components. They sound good to me. Just wondering what you guys had to say about this. And if MB Quart is garbage what is considered quality?

Umm...

I would exactly consider MB Quart "garbage" at all...proof that ignorance can hide in some strange places //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Of course, compared to Rainbows or Morels they would sound inferior, but that's not a fair comparison...perhaps he's too used to the high end to realize what good deals are on the lower end of the spectrum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif or he's just being snotty, which is most likely.

lol same things can be said for most speakers i wouldnt call them crap lil bright for me but i have an eq that takes that out. its all tastes man.

Yeah, I guess he is very used to high high end stuff. I mean this guy uses 5000 + dollar head units. He's doing $20k + installs so yeah I guess you could say we're talking about a whole other realm of car audio. But I guess to him MBs are like how I view my stock speakers.

who is it if i might ask? i know cars that qualified for world finals with black magic speakers then won world finals with oz and pro tech in the same year. installation solves alot of things

MB Quart does not ****. Their top of the line are very good, and the lower lines have good solid build quality. Some don't like their sound that much, but that is personal preference.

And it doesn't matter who owns them. Fiat owns Ferrari and Maserati, don't they?

And no, they aren't Korean or anywhere outside of Germany. Unless Microphon Bau isn't German! :p

And no, they aren't even made in Korea or anywhere else, unless Obbrigheim isn't in Germany! :p

well they are foreign made. If u pic up one of there catalogs u will see. They stil use the metric system. Oh MB Quart is far form crap. I mean every compay has some low ball stuff.

oh and also Ford makes the Range ROver but does that make it a peice of crap now. ****, hell, it did not even lower the price.

okay ur point. THe Range Rover are not kno for there engines or awsome horse power. They are kno for there great suspension and off-road abilty.

and plus ford has there hand in alot of ****.

The place is Sounds Impossible in Highlands, NJ. Anyway, yeah everything is relative. Everytime I listen to my car stereo I'm happy. I love the sound of my speakers and sub. See this is why they make stock speakers. So people can really appreciate the aftermarket stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.