MazzaSEC 04 Explorer 3 15"s build log!

Yea thats always a dam ***** trying to decide on the tuning. I tend to prefer the lower tuning. Just feels a bit more volient //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif. Being that you have the option of switching aero's out at least you can do both low tuning and high tuning if you really wanted.
I am gonna try tuning 32hz first. If I can put up the numbers I like with that tuning ill keep it there.

If I want a bit higher numbers ill just pull the aeros out and cut them shorter and bring the tuning up to like 36-37

Box is done. Here are some more pics.

Zi6_3586.jpg

Zi6_3587.jpg

I wanted to use threaded rod vertically as well but didn't like the tight clearance between the ports & subs so a couple 2x4s went in under the baffle.

Zi6_3588.jpg

Zi6_3589.jpg

Zi6_3592.jpg

Zi6_3593.jpg

Bolted speaker terminals with wing nuts for easy hookup.

Zi6_3590.jpg

Zi6_3591.jpg

^^ nice job! what kind of router do you have? to build this box with?

Check the pics... Router with Jasper Jig attachment. Roundover bit on the edges. Router is a box builders best friend :). Definitely looking forward to this setup
yeah no shi-t. I am considering about getting my own soon and a table saw because honestly with those 2 tools, i can make almost anything ha

and I want to learn u know

nice job on the box!
what tool did he use to cut the holes? router?

Also how did he get the edges smoothed out? using the router again or what? sorry I am a noob when it comes to building boxes
In this pic you can see the plunge base on the left with the Jasper Jig attached. Install an upsiral bit & That's what I use to cut perfect holes. On the right is the router with a fixed base and a flush bit installed. That bit is good for flushing edges and ports & such.

Zi6_3567.jpg

Roundover bits are what you use to smooth/roll the edges. Here's a pic.

From left to right; 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 1.5"

100_2363.jpg

^^ nice job! what kind of router do you have? to build this box with?

yeah no shi-t. I am considering about getting my own soon and a table saw because honestly with those 2 tools, i can make almost anything ha

and I want to learn u know
I use a basic Craftsman router from Sears. You can pick up the base model router with the fixed base for like $85. The bigger router with both the fixed and plunge bases I think it $125.

awesome thanks for the advice

so yours is a basic router or it is the bigger router with both fixed and plunge bases for 125 bucks?

actually 125 bucks isnt too bad at all

Roundover bits are what you use to smooth/roll the edges. Here's a pic.

From left to right; 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 1.5"

100_2363.jpg
Where did you get the 1.5" roundover and did you use that one at all on this box? Which one did you use on this box.

My brother got the 1.5" from an online wood working place. Can't remember the exact name. No I didn't use it on this box. With a box being only single layered it takes away too much wood in the corners reducing structural integrity. I used a 3/4" on this box. With a single layered box the 3/4" bit leaves exactly 3/4" of wood in the corner. The 1.5" only leaves like 1/4" thickness in the corner.

Well Derrick brought me the box at the Macon show yesterday! Box looks awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am in the process of selling the RD HW D9

With the money I get from the D9 I will be purchasing a 3rd Nightshade 15" and a Sundown 3500d

Then I will just need an extra 100 for the aeros and everything will be a go!@

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mazzasec

5,000+ posts
Banned
mazzasec
ATL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date