MazzaSEC 04 Explorer 3 15"s build log!

Vid looks great. Have you pulled your headliner yet? If not do that and check those roof braces. Your roof wasn't in the best of shape when I saw it in Macon. Broken roof supports in an Explorer will kill your deebeez. It will do exactly what you're seeing and create a cap where you just don't get any louder cause the vehicle doesn't properly hold the pressure anymore. Fix those braces & get you a layer of Second Skin Damplifier Pro on that roof and the deebeez will come.

Judging from the video, I'd have to say those aero ports exit WAAAAY to close to the rear hatch. I think I remember those being 6" aero ports right? There is no way in hell there is 6" of clearance between the port exit and the rear hatch wall, maybe 2-3 at best. The box goes right up to the trunk trim/threshold. Take out the rear seats if at all possible and push the box forward several inches and then see if that doesn't help your meter score.

Judging from the video, I'd have to say those aero ports exit WAAAAY to close to the rear hatch. I think I remember those being 6" aero ports right? There is no way in hell there is 6" of clearance between the port exit and the rear hatch wall, maybe 2-3 at best. The box goes right up to the trunk trim/threshold. Take out the rear seats if at all possible and push the box forward several inches and then see if that doesn't help your meter score.
There is actually a little gap. I think the ports have plenty of room the breathe. Its probably 5-6 inches

It moves some CRAZY air to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mazzasec

5,000+ posts
Banned
mazzasec
ATL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date