Mazda CX-5 New build

Participant count
  • Participant list

lirancoh85

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my new 2021 Mazda CX-5 6 speakers version (non-Bose).

I was thinking about 6.5" Component at front and 6.5 Coxial/Mid Bass at the rear doors, connected to a 4 Channel Amp and JBL Basspro Hub at the spare tire ( I don't want to lose space at the boot).

Now, it's a bit tricky to know which speakers will fit at the doors as I couldn't find any documentation of depth compatibility for the Mazda CX-5 online. Does anyone know ?

Also, without knowing the exact size can you recommend any setup for a very clear & crisp sound without compromise ? originally I was thinking to go with:

Front Component:JL Audio C2-650C / Hertz Mille MPK 165.3 Pro / Focal PS165 FSE
Rear Coxial: JL Audio C2-650X / Kicker CSC65 / Cervin Wega V465
Amp: JL Audio JD 400/4 / Alpine X-A70F / Focal Impulse 4.320
Sub: JBL Bass Pro HUB 11"

Would love any input you guys have,

Thanks
Leo

That looks like it could be quite a nice sounding system. There might be some better subs than the JBL for what you want to do, and I'd definitely make sure you get a sub and box that matches the music you listen to and that's optimized for your vehicle. I think your mids and highs selection is nice. I would just say that maybe you'd want to significantly invest in the front doors/front seating sound stage with more sound than the rear, and maybe keep the rear simple and lower powered, like a filler stage. You could run a setup in the rear doors that has some heavy midbass, to make good sound for transitioning notes between the sub and midranges, where you have most of the the higher notes and vocals coming from the front. Just saying that as what I would do, based on how you appear to be going somewhat all in on a daily system. I would definitely have the front doors overpower the rear doors.

There's a lot of different types of enclosures you can to do to try and specifically try and get the sound you want from your sub. I would suggest doing a custom enclosure. You can make small subs really put out good volume across a wide bandwidth in the proper setup. Box makes all the difference with the sub stage, just FYI. I would also maybe deaden the vehicle some, but it depends on how well it's built from factory.

That looks like it could be quite a nice sounding system. There might be some better subs than the JBL for what you want to do, and I'd definitely make sure you get a sub and box that matches the music you listen to and that's optimized for your vehicle. I think your mids and highs selection is nice. I would just say that maybe you'd want to significantly invest in the front doors/front seating sound stage with more sound than the rear, and maybe keep the rear simple and lower powered, like a filler stage. You could run a setup in the rear doors that has some heavy midbass, to make good sound for transitioning notes between the sub and midranges, where you have most of the the higher notes and vocals coming from the front. Just saying that as what I would do, based on how you appear to be going somewhat all in on a daily system. I would definitely have the front doors overpower the rear doors.

There's a lot of different types of enclosures you can to do to try and specifically try and get the sound you want from your sub. I would suggest doing a custom enclosure. You can make small subs really put out good volume across a wide bandwidth in the proper setup. Box makes all the difference with the sub stage, just FYI. I would also maybe deaden the vehicle some, but it depends on how well it's built from factory.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I ended up getting the Alpine X-A70F and a cheaper rear speaker as the Ground Zero gzrf 6.5sq.

Im thinking now to invest a little bit more on the front speakers, people have been recommending the Morel Hybrid 602/62, also the Morel's are not as expensive here (Israel) like they are in Europe and the US as they are made in Israel.

WDYT ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...