10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, I'm just going to do a mass cleaning of everything I have

HU:

• JVC KD-AR8500

35w rms x 4(70w x 4 max) internal amp
  • Full 3-way active processing, x-over & time alignment
  • 9-band graphic/3-band parametric
  • SD Card reader(supports at least 1gig size)
  • 5V RCA preouts
  • 24-bit Burr Brown DAC
  • Very stylish black finish

Price: $350 (firm)

http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?pathId=130&modelId=MODL027433&page=1

JVC%20HU%20All%20Parts.jpg

Tweeters:

• Alpine F#1 (Scanspeak D2904/6000) tweeter pair

silk dome
  • transparent, clean sound
  • flat frequency response below 1kHz
  • very low frequency crossover usability
  • robust, non-fatigueing sound

[*]Alpine Type-X (Vifa XT19) tweeter pair

• compact 3/4" tweeter
  • great off-axis usability
  • usability down to 3kHz
  • extended top end detail
  • silk dome
  • comes with mounting cups!!!

Price(F#1): $150

Price(Type-X): $$35

Alpine%20F%231%20tweeters%20All%20-%20Size.jpg

Type-X%20tweeters.jpg

Woofers:

• AA Poly 6.5"(7" really) woofer pair

long throw design
  • extended top end
  • good off-axis response
  • punchy bass

[*]Mach 5 Audio MLI-65 6.5" woofer pair

• broad, flat frequency response out to 4kHz
  • very easy to cross and blend
  • good low end extention
  • laid back sound
  • will happily take lots of power

Price(AA Poly): $80

Price(Mach 5): $60

AA%20Poly%20Pair.jpg

Mach5%20MLI-65%20top.jpg

Subwoofers:

• TC Sounds TC2+ 12" DVC subwoofer

ultra low distortion
  • clean, full-bodied sound
  • Oaudio design for compact enclosures

[*]Phoenix Gold RSD12d 12" DVC subwoofer

• Thick, full sound
  • Very extended low frequency response(~30Hz or under F3, sealed)
  • Suitable for large "ideal" or compact enclosures without heavy side-effects
  • will take TONS of power without fail(PG tested to 2000w rms to not fail)

[*]Sonicraft SC12NRT 12" subwoofer

• musical and transparent sound
  • high impact bass notes(crisp)
  • great low frequency extention(35Hz sealed, 20Hz ported)
  • Designed for large enclosures(3cu.ft. sealed, 6 cu.ft. ported)

Price(TC Sounds): $125

Price(PG): $105

Price(Sonicraft): $130

TC%20Sounds%20DVC%2012in.%20horizontal.jpg

PG%20RSD%20DVC%2012in.%20horizontal.jpg

Sonicraft%20Side.jpg

Any questions, comments, just ask. I'll be happy to answer anything, explain stuff out, suggest enclosure sizes, etc.

I do have more pics of everything I have listed here in case you wanted more angles, extremely high res, etc.

Most everything has its original box, parts, and documentation. The tweeters are Pacparts/PartStore pieces, so there's almost no mounting hardware. Another member kindly gave me a pair of mounting cups for the Type-X tweeters, and I did find the Alpine logo for the other F#1 tweeter if you want it. Those mounting cups are hard to find.

Everything is used but in great condition with little or no markings. I do tend to take good care of my stuff.

I am somewhat flexable on pricing for most of the stuff as it is used. You can haggle some, but whoever pays listed price first gets it.

The AA Poly 6.5" woofers have sold.

Rundown:

JVC HU - Holding onto for the moment(either JVC + DCX-730 or Ural, one setup used, one up for sale, might see JVC and PPI up for sale or the Ural HU, don't know yet)

Alpine F#1 tweeter- Sold

Alpine Type-X tweeter - Sold

AA Poly 6.5" woofer - Sold

Mach 5 6.5" woofer - Available

Sonicraft SC12NRT sub - Holding, using in a little home audio setup now

TC Sounds TC2+ sub - Available

PG RSD12d sub - Available

I'm really suprised the Mach 5 woofers haven't sold yet. They are very good woofers, very easy to work with. They are open, quick, and transparent with a very flat, very usable frequency range. The cone is kind of soft, so it lacks a little bit of crispness in the details, but that's really its only flaw. To put things in perspective, I went from Seas W18NX to this woofer.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif If I was staying 2-way, I'd stick with the Mach 5. I'm not saying this woofer is godly, but it offers enough good qualities to make it very likable, and short the softness in detail, it has no other flaws. Well I guess you could argue the 2dB dip in midrange if you were picky. Bump a couple dB at 2kHz with a low Q boost and done.:p

I know people shy away form the PG RSD sub. It's not a musical sub. It's not pretty to look at. That's a give. However, it's a low frequency monster. It flexable enough to be shoved in a large or small box(like 5 cu.ft. "ideal" to 1.5 cu.ft.) and not really be influenced all that much in low frequency extention or peakiness. You can pretty much shove it in anything sealed and get a F3 right around 30Hz. It's not a high excursion monster but it'll support +100dB to down below 30Hz cleanly, uncleanly, not sure, but it is designed to take a lot of power and not damage itself. If you want a lower final Q, you'll lean towards the larger enclosures. You might even consider a free air setup. If you are looking for a sealed enclosure sub that works great 60Hz on down, it's a very good choice. If that sounds like you, consider it.

Not there yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif just had a lot of unused hardware piling up.

I still want to see the PG RSD sub sold.

I paid $105 for it, selling it for $85 which is market competitive and at a loss. Make an offer.

Too bad.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif I'm using it now.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Shop around, there are more available here and there and I do have my Ural Concert CDD HU available. I would sell it if I felt the need to keep the Ural unit, but that's a little too much of overkill for processing along with the PPI DCX-730. I don't exactly need that level of duplication.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mvw2

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
mvw2
Rochester, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date