10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, I'm just going to do a mass cleaning of everything I have

HU:

• JVC KD-AR8500

35w rms x 4(70w x 4 max) internal amp
  • Full 3-way active processing, x-over & time alignment
  • 9-band graphic/3-band parametric
  • SD Card reader(supports at least 1gig size)
  • 5V RCA preouts
  • 24-bit Burr Brown DAC
  • Very stylish black finish

Price: $350 (firm)

http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?pathId=130&modelId=MODL027433&page=1

JVC%20HU%20All%20Parts.jpg

Tweeters:

• Alpine F#1 (Scanspeak D2904/6000) tweeter pair

silk dome
  • transparent, clean sound
  • flat frequency response below 1kHz
  • very low frequency crossover usability
  • robust, non-fatigueing sound

[*]Alpine Type-X (Vifa XT19) tweeter pair

• compact 3/4" tweeter
  • great off-axis usability
  • usability down to 3kHz
  • extended top end detail
  • silk dome
  • comes with mounting cups!!!

Price(F#1): $150

Price(Type-X): $$35

Alpine%20F%231%20tweeters%20All%20-%20Size.jpg

Type-X%20tweeters.jpg

Woofers:

• AA Poly 6.5"(7" really) woofer pair

long throw design
  • extended top end
  • good off-axis response
  • punchy bass

[*]Mach 5 Audio MLI-65 6.5" woofer pair

• broad, flat frequency response out to 4kHz
  • very easy to cross and blend
  • good low end extention
  • laid back sound
  • will happily take lots of power

Price(AA Poly): $80

Price(Mach 5): $60

AA%20Poly%20Pair.jpg

Mach5%20MLI-65%20top.jpg

Subwoofers:

• TC Sounds TC2+ 12" DVC subwoofer

ultra low distortion
  • clean, full-bodied sound
  • Oaudio design for compact enclosures

[*]Phoenix Gold RSD12d 12" DVC subwoofer

• Thick, full sound
  • Very extended low frequency response(~30Hz or under F3, sealed)
  • Suitable for large "ideal" or compact enclosures without heavy side-effects
  • will take TONS of power without fail(PG tested to 2000w rms to not fail)

[*]Sonicraft SC12NRT 12" subwoofer

• musical and transparent sound
  • high impact bass notes(crisp)
  • great low frequency extention(35Hz sealed, 20Hz ported)
  • Designed for large enclosures(3cu.ft. sealed, 6 cu.ft. ported)

Price(TC Sounds): $125

Price(PG): $105

Price(Sonicraft): $130

TC%20Sounds%20DVC%2012in.%20horizontal.jpg

PG%20RSD%20DVC%2012in.%20horizontal.jpg

Sonicraft%20Side.jpg

Any questions, comments, just ask. I'll be happy to answer anything, explain stuff out, suggest enclosure sizes, etc.

I do have more pics of everything I have listed here in case you wanted more angles, extremely high res, etc.

Most everything has its original box, parts, and documentation. The tweeters are Pacparts/PartStore pieces, so there's almost no mounting hardware. Another member kindly gave me a pair of mounting cups for the Type-X tweeters, and I did find the Alpine logo for the other F#1 tweeter if you want it. Those mounting cups are hard to find.

Everything is used but in great condition with little or no markings. I do tend to take good care of my stuff.

I am somewhat flexable on pricing for most of the stuff as it is used. You can haggle some, but whoever pays listed price first gets it.

i want the alpine type x tweets......

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif 4th in line........ what more can i ask for.....

bump for the day.

No more inquiries about the Type-X tweeters. There's already 7 people in line for them and the first person is quite aliment about buying them.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Update:

Pending sales:

Type-X tweeters

F#1 tweeters

Mach5 woofers

AA Poly, eh...maybe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif waiting on a definate answer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you guys are missing some great things here. If you think highly of Pioneer's DEH-P880PRS, the JVC KD-AR8500 will stand toe-to-toe with it. It may not have L/R EQs, but it has higher build quality(seriously) and is dead sexy. It's better than you think it is. Oh, and no RCA noise :p

The Sonicraft is an awesome, awesome sub, but you do need to give up some trunk space for it. I wish I had 6 cu.ft. to give up for a ported enclosure. Well, you can get away with a smaller box, but it will limit low frequency extention. I've really come to like this sub, but I just can't give up that kind of space for that kind of low end extention. I will probably be using this sub in a home audio setup in the future.

The TC2+ and the RSD subs? It comes down to application. They're the more heavy hitters of the group. If you're interested in either of these, I am open to offers.

That will be a //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif on the $250. Sorry, I've passed up $325 several times on this unit. I am dead firm on $350, or I will not sell it. I'll tell you this. If this got stolen from my car(when I was still using it) I would have bought another one of these before I bought Pioneer's P880PRS. I bought this over the DEH-P960MP(P880PRS didn't exist yet). The JVC is now discontued along with quite a few other EXAD units(sadly, EXAD is some of their best stuff, wish they'd expand the line). There are a few sites still selling the KD-AR8500 unit in the range of $500, but that's about it.

Update:

Type-X tweeters: Sold

AA Poly mids: still up for sale

The Type-X tweeter are sold and shipped out.

Consider the F#1 tweeters gone too.

I'm waiting on a reply for the Mach 5 woofers...but I will keep them open to offers now as he doesn't seem too eager to respond.

AA Poly is still available as the individual couldn't fit the mounting depth(3.25").

I will keep the Sonicraft if nobody wants it. I'd rather find a use than sell it cheaper.

The same goes for the JVC HU if nobody wants it. JVC rarely gets praise for HUs, but it is a very good piece that rivals anything short of $500-$600 out there.

I am open to offers on the TC2+ and RSD12d and may just end up putting them on Ebay starting at $0.99. I don't really just want to give them away, but I really just don't have a use for either myself.

Ok, I'm taking the Sonicraft off the FS market. I think I'm going to use it in a little home audio mutt setup. I just gotta build myself a 6 cube box.:p

Probably, probably less elsewhere. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif I am simply looking for a reimbursement of what I paid for it. If it doesn't sell, it'll probably just end up on Ebay eventually.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mvw2

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
mvw2
Rochester, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date