Matching/Mismatching Amplifiers?

SonicHD
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
A matching set of speaker and subwoofer amplifiers always looks good, but is there any real benefit to purchasing amplifiers that are in the same brand and series? Or does it simply have to do with aesthetics?

We all wanna know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

I have matching amps. I just like them for the looks. I was going to run a crescendo 4 channel but got my AQ for a super good deal and plus it matches. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

In my truck I don't have matching amps but want an aq 4 channel to match.

You rang.
Lulz.

Aesthetics is pretty much the only reason. Unless you are running multiple amps for your sub stage in which case you definitely wanna have them be matching, ESPECIALLY if you are strapping (only exception might be older/newer model amps such as the aq2200...but i think you can still strap them)

Ive always used matching amps... just for looks. It drives me crazy when i find a sub amp id like to try but im not too excited about the companies mid/high offering

I like having matching amps, as it makes the install look that much more professional. I've had mismatched amps in the past but it didn't bother me because they were both behind the seat of a truck I had at the time.

Ive always used matching amps... just for looks. It drives me crazy when i find a sub amp id like to try but im not too excited about the companies mid/high offering
That's why I don't use matching. Why would I limit myself to only using a company that makes a decent sub amp and 4 ch, when I can get the best sub amp for my application and the best 4ch for my app. It also makes it easier to get a good deal if you don't care about matching. If I had a show car, I might match them, but my car stereo is for my personal listening so i don't care how it looks to others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SonicHD

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
SonicHD
Valencia, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date