Your Car's Sound System: What do you do when your finished?

SonicHD
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
What do you do when the audio gear bought has all been thrown in your car, and you've got nothing left on the check list?

Do you start over? Do you leave your system alone to enjoy until you blow a sub? Keep it for a season? Do you swap amps or speakers out individually and use the gear you're familiar with as a reference?

When I was young (16-22~) I used to change it out frequently. Alot of my money went into making my car stupid loud so the honeys would think I was fly, It didn't work. They just thought "who does that fat kid in the corrola with the backwards hat think he is? Black?". So then I decided i'm just going to buy used equipment off fags on car audio forums. It's worked out great thus far.

But to answer your question, never. If a person is truly into car audio there will always be upgradeing, downgrading, switch from spl to sq or vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
You look for the "weak link" in your system, weather it be electrical or mids/highs, and you work on that. Should keep you going for ever like that, there is ALWAYS something that could be better.

I don't think my system would have ever been finished if I hadn't found some other expensive hobbies. I haven't spent any money on it in a long time. After 11 years of doing this sh*t I think I finally have the equipment and set up I've always wanted.

Just enjoy it until something blows... But this new car I just got done I want to change everything on it and the systems only been in there for a few weeks so who knows...

Until the install is prefect you will never be done. Some people may run the same equipment but, always be switching around the way it was installed. When chasing numbers the substage will never be done and it will never be loud enough.

i used to compete in spl so i was always trying to get louder. i dont have the $ to compete in sq so now i just like to change it up once in a while to see if i find something i like more. BUILD IT FOR YOUR EARS... YOU WILL BE HAPPIER

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SonicHD

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
SonicHD
Valencia, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date