Masta Ace .....scammer?

Nathan32387
10+ year member

well i bought a dd m3 "BNIB" amp from masta ace on 4-21-10 this link:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/472451-today-only-bnib-digital-designs-m3-$525-shipped.html

i texted him and went to his house to pick it up, while driving he texted me and said if i wasnt there by a certain time he would be gone, on his way to work but his brother would be there to give me the amp, i got there and called his brothers cell and he came out, while talking to his bro i said "so ur bros at work?" he said "oh i dont know, i havent seen him in months"...............so kinda shady, but anyways i paid $450 and took the amp.(would have tested it there if it wasnt raining)

i got home and connected the amp, sounded fine for about 5 min, missed a few notes, didnt think much of it, next day turned it on and nothing, started hearing a lil bass about 15 min later, cranked everything and boom it comes on full blast, from there it would just fade in and out or not play at all, all connections checked and fine, amp light on fine.

texted him asking if he had any kind of warranty through DD on this amp, he never responded, sent a few texts later on saying there was a problem, no response still, sent a few PM's still nothing

i decided to take the amp to ZED AUDIO for repair on the 3rd day, figured if i could get it fixed cheap enough i would just do that, steven at Zed fixed it and i picked it up for $70 bucks, turned out whatever he fixed wasnt what was causing the problem, so i shipped it back to him he said he couldnt fix it and refunded me my money and shipped the amp back to me, on 6-8-10 (so two trips to zed audio at 120 miles round trip each time, and one 15 dollar ups shipment the 3rd time, zed paid to ship it back the last time)

so now after trying to resolve the issue on my own i dont know what else to do, ive poured a lot of money into this amp now and masta ace is nowhere to be found.

the only reason i waited this long was because its been at zed audio and i was assuming i would be able to take care of it but i guess not, so please let me know what u guys think

and seems kinda funny to me that after i posted a response on his thread i got a fake paypal spoof email talking about my account has been limited . please click here to reactivate your account what a lame ass. again there is no way to prove he sent me that . but its a big coincidence

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Nathan32387

10+ year member
Nathan32387
Los Angeles, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views