mass confusion here help needed PLEASE!!!

rebelpride15
10+ year member

LBC, VA
Okay ive got a boss audio cd player B7300, kicker zx series 350wx4channel amp, 4 lanzar 12's, and a 8 farad boss audio capacitor. Okay now my problem is i have one set of RCAs is there a way to run all 4 channels with one pair or am i going to have to buy another set of RCAs?? The radio has dual RCA outputs and a sub output im not sure which to use or what im supposed to do. The last amp i had was 4 channels and I had 2 lanzar 12's bridged on it but my friend hooked that up for me and im tryin to do it this time on my own. So if anyone can help me like step by step id be very happy. thanks

okay well i figured somebody would say just get another pair of RCAs and really dont feel like goin to get another pair but i guess ima have to lol

If you do not want to buy/run another set of RCA's just connect your current RCA's to the sub output on the head unit then at the amp put RCA splitters (converts one RCA plug into two). That way you will have a signal going to all four channels on your amp. But like suggested above you really need a 2 or 1 channel amp for your subs.

This thread is full of sketch. Running 4 subs off of 350 watts total? Not to mention each on its own channel? ugh... just get a class d sub amp like aq said.
he is a ghetto boy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

well the kicker zx series amp says on the top panel amp 1 and has controls and amp 2 an has controls for that too. and no its 350watts per channel and i know its not made for subs but its what i got an what im workin with so gimme a break lol

well the kicker zx series amp says on the top panel amp 1 and has controls and amp 2 an has controls for that too. and no its 350watts per channel and i know its not made for subs but its what i got an what im workin with so gimme a break lol
ahah no way in hell it does 350 per channel there bud

Depending on what the impedence of your subwoofers are you need to find out what impedence your amp puts out full power @. Bridge the amplifier from 4-channels to only-2 (Which here you will be able to run only the single set of RCS's that you have right now) Wire 2 of your subs to 1(Putting 2 of the positives from 2 subwoofers together and ditto for the negative wires.) channel and wire the other set of subs to the other cahnnel. (I am assuming that you are attempting to run the amp like a 4 channel and trying to hook all wires of the subwoofers individually to 4 positives and 4 negatives to individual screws on the amp!)) DO Not) Hope this helps?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.