Making tweeters less harsh?

Da64u
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have 2 Vifa XT25SC90-04 tweeters on a separate 2 channel amp. I added a 10uf capacitor to filter out everything below about 4k hz I believe.

What makes a Tweeter harsh?

Is lowering the gain on the amp the same as adding a resistor inline with the power wire?

They are mounted in my dash aiming up at the a pillar on each side.

Thanks

Lower the gain. If you play just the tweeters they should barely be audible. I'm guessing you're throwing too much power at them, especially if they're reflecting off the windshield...

Lower the gain. If you play just the tweeters they should barely be audible. I'm guessing you're throwing too much power at them, especially if they're reflecting off the windshield...
Thanks, I lowered the gain and they sound good.

Tweeters can be harsh due to the install (to close,poor locations ect), tweeter dome material, settings/tuning, and the list goes on. Been a long time since I've been on a car audio forum, I'll post again in another 5 years lmao!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.