Component Speaker Help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Motokid
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Now that I've got my 15" Repaired and back in the car bumpin', I'm slowly trying to learn about 'speakers'.

I've never really took time to learn anything about them and just recently learned what the difference in coaxial and components were. I currently am running a single DAD 15" on a PPI 1800.1 at 2.5 cubes and 35 ish hz in a 2011 Chrysler 200

I'm wanting to run components up front, probably the stock tweeter location on the dash, and my front is 6 1/2 and rear are 6x9 stock. and the stock tweeters are 3.5"

For the time being i'll run components up front and probably leave the stock 6x9's in the back, and later get some different coaxial.

So the thing is I know nothing about 'small' amps, x overs, component sets etc. I don't really know what is good, other than generally you get what you pay for.

So starting off I'll need a component set, and an amp, right..? How many channels would you need on a front stage amp?

I'd say my budget is probably around $300-400 for the components and amp, could I get something pretty good for that? I plan on paying my local shop to do the install which would be around 100, but that isn't included in what I stated above. Just because I don't have time, or patience to try to run wires, etc etc. Keep in mind I honestly love my stock.. for the most part. I want it to be a louder, but the low end on the 6x9's sounds pretty nice, though I have a sub now and You can't really tell anyways. So I kind of figure anything after market will sound better than my stock (I'm hoping)

Also before I do anything.. I've really got to upgrade my Battery under the hood.. And would rather like to not spend $250 on an XS Power.. (For the time being) Any 'cheaper' route to go with a batter around $125-150 ish? Or is that a stupid question, lol.

Appreciate the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone..? I've heard JBL MS62c aren't bad 6 1/2s are pretty good for the money. What size amp would I need to go with? 2 or 4 Channel? In the future I plan on upgrading my 6x9s in the back with some coaxial speakers, and amping them as well.

I really like my PPI 1800.1.. The 800.4 looks good But its huge.. I can't keep putting 17" amps in the back of my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif Is there anything a little smaller, and comparable in price, performance?
The PPI P900.4 is smaller, it makes more power, and it's a great amp. I told you about i520.4 as well, which is even smaller.

The silver flute 6.5s are supposed to be nice. Paired with a pair of vifa xt25s, ran active.

Never heard the ms62s, but I'm confident that they can sound good.

Alot of problems I've been seeing on this forum is poor tuning.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.