Major Problems with US Amps......NEED HELP!!!!

NoahzBurnt
10+ year member

all I did was change my amps (US Amps 2000x and 400x)from being mounted horizontally to vertically(literally.....That's IT).....and now i am in amplifier hell

1) when I turn the volume to 0 my subs just keep on thumping, but when the volume is up they work fine.

2) just before the SAT light on the 2000X goes on the 400X gets all screwy and the balance control doesn't work and the amp will sound like it was made out of paperclips and duct tape.

3) The subs will only hit on higher frequencies and send the 2000X into sat mode when they are about to hit hard and the lights in my car dim completely as if the amp was drawing 100000000 amps of current.

I have changed teh RCA's incase of a grounding wire....what else is wrong?!?!?!?!

Somebody please help me....PLEASE!!!!!

your heat is just rising to other key components in your amp instead of AWAY like its designed to be...

its probably going into protection...

for the sake of retaining both a spare tire as well as trunk space......the funny thing is only the 2000X is effin' up and not the 400X....could the rca jacks be grounding out?

it could just be a loose component inside the amps..

it could also just be lack of venting...

how about a vertical mount, ecept you turn the amp 180 degrees? The US amp logo would be upside down, I believe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.