Made some fiberglass Kick Pods for my RSX ....

Millertime1028
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Hey everyone, thanks to the tutorials on this site I was able to easily get these accomplished . Althought a bit messy and fumes that got me dazed and confused(will use an official resporator instead of the disposable ones next time I do this) I was able to complete these just how I wished . I did the initial molds in my sisters RSX only becuase mine was in the shop for 3 Dam weeks getting some other work done to it . Thanks for looking .

6xiisdk.jpg

85ffxbo.jpg

716zih2.jpg

82lkebm.jpg

87n9eg0.jpg

6yf0va1.jpg

2mg4e21.jpg

Used dremel tool to trim down the initial mold

2n7o5ko.jpg

2w565uq.jpg

Glueing the mdf ring to the mold.

2m8457d.jpg

mkcinc.jpg

Using half inch dowels to reinforce the ring >Hot glue works well

4tsgo3.jpg

Bought the fleece from Micheals arts and Crafts store .(speaker does not stay in there.Just wanted to see how it fit before I did the Fiberglassing )

vztyk5.jpg

2epqz6c.jpg

14mawir.jpg

After laying a few layers of the fiberglass mat and resin

2055a55.jpg

Good stab man. Looks great. Next glassing projects use Rage Gold it has a chalkier sand to it. I've had Bondo it works well also but the Rage sands so much nicer. Are you gonna "milkshake" those?

Going textured?

cool! but they dont really blend in to the kick panel ..
Thanks man , Thats my sisters car in the pics .. The interior of my RSX is black therefore you cant really tell the where the pods meet the rest of the car .. I have more pics coming up a little later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.