Made an amp rack - just for fun

Sweet! Much prettier than mine:

14859760_1172103232850155_3333067875025592096_o.jpg

John Kuthe...

Off topic:) the fusion trunk space is a beast!! I just rented one to go on a trip man it has to be at least 22" tall and super deep and the seats let down. I want one just for audio!!!

Off topic:) the fusion trunk space is a beast!! I just rented one to go on a trip man it has to be at least 22" tall and super deep and the seats let down. I want one just for audio!!!
It's not that tall. And it has a odd opening. But I came from a hatch back and SUV

And you can't change the HU!!

It's not that tall. And it has a odd opening. But I came from a hatch back and SUV
May not be as tall but compared to my charger it's tall. Yeah that head unit is connected to the Ac unit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
May not be as tall but compared to my charger it's tall. Yeah that head unit is connected to the Ac unit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
For cooling it?

John Kuthe...

A little bit about the work that has gone into this (don't judge me for my OCD )...

Other than the obvious - plywood, painted, carpeted, LEDs (about 4'), here are some of the fun things:

I got a 12"x12" piece of perforated aluminum, cut it and then bent it with my brake. I had to go really slow because it is so thick (1/8"), kept it really hot and still ended up with some tiny stress fractures on the back. No big deal, it is really strong still... Had I made a little less sharp of a bend, there would have been no fractures. There is frosted Lexan behind the perforated pieces, to spread the light a little better and so you don't see the LED dots.

Then I beveled the edges and sanded it into a brushed look. I used some Q-tips in my drill and Mother's polish to polish inside each individual hole, so it was shiny and contrasting against the brushed surface. (OCD out of control on this one!)

The wire conduits were made from aluminum tubing that I bent and cut to fit, then polished them to a mirror finish. The ideas was that they reflect the light. The blue sleeves are obviously automotive parts, but I felt it needed that little splash of color...

The back cover is just sheet metal that I cut, shaped and wrapped with the vinyl CF.

I removed the Arc logo, made that little aluminum backing for it, and then wrapped the underside in the CF as well. Being raised it allows the LEDs below to make a halo effect.

Also made those little aluminum shapes under the screws that hold the CF cover in place, because I learned a long time ago that vinyl wrap bunches up when you screw directly against it (even with a washer). The screw heads were polished with Mother's to a mirror finish...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that *****. How do you know? Have you tried?

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

Any pics of it inside the vehicle?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.