How Big of an Amp Would You Run?

B1GR3DDD

Delaware
Just a random question for you guys. I have 2 HDS312's (1200w RMS each for those who don't know) on an SQ 2200.2 amp. So right now they're getting 1100w a piece, obviously hungry for more power.

How big of an amp do you think I could run on these two subs? And would it be worth the upgrade if I decided to do that?

Just a random question for you guys. I have 2 HDS312's (1200w RMS each for those who don't know) on an SQ 2200.2 amp. So right now they're getting 1100w a piece, obviously hungry for more power.
How big of an amp do you think I could run on these two subs? And would it be worth the upgrade if I decided to do that?
buddy used a popcorn 6k on a pair of hds315s. So i'd say 3.5k to 5k.

For the money though, i'd try to find a used banda 7k for 500-550 shipped.

Keep the gain and sub level low. Then when you want to go up to HDC4s, you are completely covered.

Brazilian amps will never sound that good without help
your Brazilian knowledge is getting outdated. The new lines are nothing like the old lines.

These numbers you guys are giving surprise me. You really think as a daily driver, an HDS312 can handle 2500w safely?
as i said. Buddy used a 6k amp to a pair of hds315s daily in an xterra with only a lithium 20 ah battery. Bare bones stock electrical.

Learn about box rise before being surprised. You wont be surprised at all after understanding the concept.

your Brazilian knowledge is getting outdated. The new lines are nothing like the old lines.

as i said. Buddy used a 6k amp to a pair of hds315s daily in an xterra with only a lithium 20 ah battery. Bare bones stock electrical.

Learn about box rise before being surprised. You wont be surprised at all after understanding the concept.
Not really. I've got a few friends with taramps. Never used Banda tho But I have had stetsom and soundigital

Not really. I've got a few friends with taramps. Never used Banda tho But I have had stetsom and soundigital
with the new redesigned for pure subwoofer duty amps rather than the old mids and highs oriented amps? No complaints on the sound quality of the bass emphasized designs at all. Can even wire to .125 on burps with the bass 12k.

with the new redesigned for pure subwoofer duty amps rather than the old mids and highs oriented amps? No complaints on the sound quality of the bass emphasized designs at all. Can even wire to .125 on burps with the bass 12k.
Yea I wouldn't wire any amp that low

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.