MA Audio hk802sx 4400 Watt RMS amp.. Is this thing really .5 ohm stable?

Musbtr1pin
10+ year member

So I have two FI BTL 15's powered by this MA Audio amp. When wired at 2 ohms, the subs run fine. The amp is rated for .5 ohm and the subs are now wired at .5 as well.. But now my protection light is on, and I get no sound.... You can hear the amp tick just before the protection light comes on... Any advice?

Because he's an idiot. Wire it back at 2 ohms and call it a day. /thread
He's an electrician, so he's smarter than us //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

He's an electrician, so he's smarter than us //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Yeah, that's why he clearly knew the difference between resistance and impedence. It's also why he didn't see that each channel is .5 ohm stable, but both channels bridged is only 1 ohm stable. When you bridge both at .5 ohm each channel is seeing .25 ohm and so the amp immediately protects.

What a genius this guy is!

Yeah, that's why he clearly knew the difference between resistance and impedence. It's also why he didn't see that each channel is .5 ohm stable, but both channels bridged is only 1 ohm stable. When you bridge both at .5 ohm each channel is seeing .25 ohm and so the amp immediately protects. What a genius this guy is!
It's not bridged......

I have both channels wired to one set of bolts... 4 wires 2 bolts... from amp to box... Any clearer? I'm not trying to be a ****, but im sick of screwin around with this crap...

I have both channels wired to one set of bolts... 4 wires 2 bolts... from amp to box... Any clearer? I'm not trying to be a ****, but im sick of screwin around with this crap...
If the two positives go together on a bolt, that'd be bridging the amp because both channels are being utilized.

Just instead of bridging it at the amp, it's being "bridged" at the bolt.

LOL actually it's not bridged. The channels are feeding each other. Just use the positive and negatives on the far ends. Leave the two in the center unhooked. Even so, .5 ohms will blow that amp.

LOL actually it's not bridged. The channels are feeding each other. Just use the positive and negatives on the far ends. Leave the two in the center unhooked. Even so, .5 ohms will blow that amp.
Hard to explain this to someone lol.

All in all, hook it back to 2 ohms or get a .5 stable monoblock amp

Because that amp won't do .5 ohms with bridged.

I said to wire it at 2 ohms you fucking retard. You have no other options. Wire it at 2 ohms and stop touching it.
STFU retard, WHY WOULD I DO THAT IF THE **** AMP SAYS IS .5 STABLE AND I KNOW I HAVE THE WIRING CORRECT... SO WHY THE FAWK WOULD HE SPEND THE MONEY ON THIS SHYT IF WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO BE CAPABLE OF WIRING AT CANT REALLY BE DONE

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.