Low level RCA outputs or.......? tuning help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xenzo

Alright guys, my old Sony deck decided to short out one of the rca outputs.

So I hit up bestbuy and got me a new deck. Pioneer Deh-x5600hd. For some reason, both of theses rca outputs (one set) are quieter than one rca out from the sony.

I got it to about the same level, but I have maxed out the settings on the headunit sub out gain and the gain on the amp. The volt out is supposed to be the same. And no, the sub out or rca out is not turned off.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

My volume is set to 50/60.

My sub output on the headunit is 6/6 and the gain on my amp is all the way up.

I checked my rca cables and they are fine.

I'm thinking the pioneer deck just has very low rca outputs?

You've probably damaged the preamp section of your amplifier. Disconnect the channel that was bad on the old head unit and see if the amp has more output. But before you do that, turn the gain back down to where it was. ;-)

I use 50/60 because that is about the level before the headunit clips at a noticeable level. Everything above that starts distorts then clips and sounds bad.

I dont usually set my gains with a dmm because I dont really find it to be accurate. And I dont have an oscilloscope.

I have tested both sides of the rca sets on the headunit and the amp, and they seem to both be working normally?

The amp has no noticeable difference in sound level between which rca input I test when I tested them. Both RCAs connected is louder than one RCA out of the set.

Do you think I should open my amp up to look for shorts? (I dont really think there is a problem there)

Or do you have any other suggestions I should do?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.