Low cost system

Participant count
  • Participant list

5tressRelief
10+ year member

So i came to the conclusion (which by the way made me cry on the inside) that a 6.00 an hour job isnt going to let me get the RE system i have been planning for.... I am only 17 , its a start i guess....

*edit* we are just talking about subs here no comps yet...

I only have $350 Dollars saved up so far but i do have my Alpine 9827 HU installed =)

My question is would this 12'' Type R from ike sound be a bad investment?

http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2480

being powered by this amp

http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/1281

or would you guys possibly be able to help me build a better system by finding a used RE SE 12.. my dad is willing to build an enclosure for me as long as i have blue prints and such... his neighbor who is a master carpenter is also willing to help build it...

I am willing to save up a couple more pay checks but im so anxious to start pounding the streets... i have 120 best buy bucks if that helps at all *embarassed* im stupified =\ any constructive critisicm would be helpful

type r's r decent subs but for $350 u could get a RE SE 12 and a amp to push it. the rms is only 600 on the SE's so u dont need alot of power. go with hifonics if u want cheap...but dont count on the sq to b all that good...........jus ma $0.02

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply phsballin4life now that I look at it an RE SE 12 is very possible.. That puts some good light on the whole situation!

but do they make Hifonics that go that low? The lowest i have seen is a 1000 x 1Ohm

Well, Resonent Engineering's SE is rated at 600W RMS ... So wouldnt i need like a 600W RMS amp or maybe push the sub a lil more with maybe an 7-800W RMS amp.. I dont know if the SE is under rated thats the thing .. it might be able to take a lil more than 600W

Thanks for confirming that Acidburn! it Helps me and im sure it will help anyone else who was wondering the same thing!!

So now that I think about it I am going to order 1 SE 12 monday or maybe someone on here has one for sale? who knows ill have to look around.... Im going to port this also.. unless someone things Sealed is superior for an SE

*Edit* 2 SE's may be viable in a sealed enclosure.. I have a 98 Integra Hatch back so space is an issue... open to opinions on this situation, ill do some searching on it too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

check out power acoustik amps

go one ported and put like 500 watts to it...

or 2 sealed and put 1400...

between those 2 i don't know which is a better choice... probably the 2 sealed as far as sq goes... spl i wold think should be about the same...

and you can get a power acoustik a1400 for less than $200

thanks for the advice picquerist! i am probally only going to go with one ported since space is limited in my trunk =(

ive also noticed that the floor of my trunk is like a thick card board type thing.. is this going to be a problem? will i have to replace my floor to secure the amp down? if its small enough i might just put it under drivers seat

ive also noticed that the floor of my trunk is like a thick card board type thing.. is this going to be a problem? will i have to replace my floor to secure the amp down? if its small enough i might just put it under drivers seat
Sure that's not a false floor to cover your spare? If the floor doesn't work, could you mount it under the rear speaker deck? I've done that before.

yea its a false floor for my spare.. my best bet is probally to mount the amp to the back of the seat.... my guess is the false floor can support the sub and the enclosure.. i mean it seems pretty sturdy..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.