Loudest blowthrough in 4 door truck?

It sounds like your planning on cutting a giant hole and just having 2 18s and port facing into cab? And stupid juice box forgot to ship my battery thats all im waiting on to start the substage. The mids and highs im waiting for black friday to buy some nendo goodies probably.
Yeah, that's what I had planned to do. I didn't want to do a bandpass blowthrough, but I've got 45 cubes gross. If that's my best option, I'll do it.

I won't ever buy juicebox. When my Exides die, I'm going 16v

Is your enlosure done?

Yeah, that's what I had planned to do. I didn't want to do a bandpass blowthrough, but I've got 45 cubes gross. If that's my best option, I'll do it.
I won't ever buy juicebox. When my Exides die, I'm going 16v

Is your enlosure done?
Thats what i was hoping id be able to do but after some measurments and talking to jim i decided 1. Its unsafe 2. It would be weird. Because the cab and bed are 3" in height differenc so in reality all i had was a 60x13 usable space. I drilled a hole through the highest point in the cab and through the lowest point in my bed to figure that out.

Idk if your truck is the same as mine but theres a lump right under the rear window about 8" then it becomes the rear wall. Jim said his buddy cut into that to match the bed and cab and his truck started falling apart.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Its not done because stang doesnt want a giant box sitting in his garage till who knows when lol. But if all goes as planned this saturday i should do the install

You have enough space cubic footage wise. I just like the control a bandpass has in a pickup truck. Pickup trucks can play funky responses sometimes. Bandpass helps control that.

Thats what i was hoping id be able to do but after some measurments and talking to jim i decided 1. Its unsafe 2. It would be weird. Because the cab and bed are 3" in height differenc so in reality all i had was a 60x13 usable space. I drilled a hole through the highest point in the cab and through the lowest point in my bed to figure that out. Idk if your truck is the same as mine but theres a lump right under the rear window about 8" then it becomes the rear wall. Jim said his buddy cut into that to match the bed and cab and his truck started falling apart.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Its not done because stang doesnt want a giant box sitting in his garage till who knows when lol. But if all goes as planned this saturday i should do the install
Gotcha

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

You have enough space cubic footage wise. I just like the control a bandpass has in a pickup truck. Pickup trucks can play funky responses sometimes. Bandpass helps control that.
How so?

You can definitely do a hairtrick with a blow through. Pretty easily too. Last system i did was 2 18's in a blow through with 1/3rd of the power you're running and it did a hairtrick easily and did 159.5 in the kick.

You can definitely do a hairtrick with a blow through. Pretty easily too. Last system i did was 2 18's in a blow through with 1/3rd of the power you're running and it did a hairtrick easily and did 159.5 in the kick.
Awesome! Actually, I'e changed plans again. I think I'm going to buy another 20k after I get another alternator.

The sub isn't open to the cabin environment.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Awesome! Actually, I'e changed plans again. I think I'm going to buy another 20k after I get another alternator.
The sub isn't open to the cabin environment.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
The way most blowthroughs are done they inevitably become bandpass enclosures by nature. This is because the subs are within the enclosure itself and the only path the air/sound waves have to get to the cab is through the port. Even if you wanted to do a regular ported enclosure you would still have to channel all the sound/air through to the cab which is usually a tunnel of some sort and then becomes an extension of your ported enclosure or a 6th order. 4th and 6th order bandpasses are usually used for blowthroughs because the ported area helps to channel the sound/air.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.