Louder spl? Which setup

mx519
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Sorry for the newb question guys, just trying to figure out what to do to upgrade. Which do ya'll think would be higher in spl.

Current Setup:

- Explorer (plenty of room)

- 2 Memphis PR 15's

- 800 watts going to the pair

- 6 cube box ported tuned to 35 hz.

Which setup do you think would be louder of the following?

3 Memphis PR 15's / 1200watts to the 3 / 8 cubes ported

or

2 Solobaric L7 15's / 2400 watts/ 8 cube ported box

power reference is the lowest memphis series there is and u could do better than those as far as memphis goes.............but the L7s are loud

yeah, i think the pair of L7 15's with 2400wrms will beat three 15 pr's with just 1200 wrms. the extra cone area of the third 15 pr might help some, but the L7's are a few notchs above the pr's...compare m3's to the L7's and the result would be different (two against two, the L7's would still probably get louder then the m3's...L7s just get loud easy..lol)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

yes but if you got memphis mclass or M1 or something then it might be a different story
pr= the best entry level sub on the market for my money. gets loud, sounds good and is sturdy. not to mention great warranty and cheap.

mclass= sq sub...not designed for big output.

m1= pr cone with a slightly stronger motor, not really worth the extra $$ over a pr.

m3= memphis version of the L5, L7. maybe not as loud, but the potential is there, and in most installs will sound better.

m3 mojo= solox with a little less cone area, but ungodly potential to get loud

m3 mojo max= "feed me" lol....and the solox

lvs= more for show then go.

did i miss any?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

pr= the best entry level sub on the market for my money. gets loud, sounds good and is sturdy. not to mention great warranty and cheap.

mclass= sq sub...not designed for big output.

m1= pr cone with a slightly stronger motor, not really worth the extra $$ over a pr.

m3= memphis version of the L5, L7. maybe not as loud, but the potential is there, and in most installs will sound better.

m3 mojo= solox with a little less cone area, but ungodly potential to get loud

m3 mojo max= "feed me" lol....and the solox

lvs= more for show then go.

did i miss any?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif
The old Memphis HPO's got really loud and sounded decent too. I believe you can compare them to the M3s, but with a little more SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.