Loud Whine through mids and highs.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have tried two amps, and im now using my new SSL Evo 200.2. I am having a loud whine noise being played. I read that it has to do with improper grounding, but i have tried grounding it straight back to the battery, and a nice grounding into the frame. Neither have worked. I have shielded RCAs. Im running out of thoughts on what is causing it, I havent been able to even listen to mids and highs since and if anyone has a clue as to what it could be please help!

Could possibly be your Head unit creating the issue if you havent tried new RCAs, and a good grounding point.Need more info on how your amps are grounded, hw your power wiring is ran ect.New amp, used amp,refurbed amp, Hu used new refurbed?? there are alot of issues that can cause noise issues even down to the speaker wiring

Could possibly be your Head unit creating the issue if you havent tried new RCAs, and a good grounding point.Need more info on how your amps are grounded, hw your power wiring is ran ect.New amp, used amp,refurbed amp, Hu used new refurbed?? there are alot of issues that can cause noise issues even down to the speaker wiring

Its a JVC XD 320 BTS .. Brand New.

What vehicle? How and what size are the wiring used for power and ground? what size speaker wiring ? Brands and how it is ran/installed ect?

Chrysler 300M, All OFC 8 gauge wiring. Properly grounded. Im thinking it may be something to do with headunit.
Try running an iPod or mp3 directly to the amp using an rca to 3.5mm cord. See if it still whines. Is it constant or only when the car is running?

Try running an iPod or mp3 directly to the amp using an rca to 3.5mm cord. See if it still whines. Is it constant or only when the car is running?
I have a whining coming out of my supertweeters only when running my usb for files but over bluetooth, the feedback is gone so, I don't know what that issue is but I just use BT from now on. More of a static humm than a whining though.

I just tried using some really nice gold plated shielded RCAs and the problem persists. Its not an RCA problem. Has to be something to do with grounding. I have heard that some cars have weird grounding loops. I also have not done a big 3 yet. So im not sure if that has something to do with it or not. Going to try a different ground and see if it changes at all.

you get the noise when the car isn't running? are the amps mounted to metal directly or insulated with wood? i've seen issues where amps or speaker wires are grounding out to the chassis, creating odd ground loops.

for troubleshooting, i agree with using an external source (phone, ipod, etc.) into the amp directly.

i'd also disconnect all speakers then test a speaker that isn't touching the car (hold it in your hand). this will check for issues with speaker output grounding/shorting.

when connecting speakers, you must be very careful to not let the wire short against the basket or terminals short against car metal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.