Loud speakers?

if you are replacing a $1000 speaker set with a $300 speaker set, be prepared to expect less of everything. if you are just replacing the woofers, can you run active?

why did they fail? did the crossovers fail or the woofers or the tweeters? what have you tested? did you just over power them?

do you just need woofers and you'll reuse the tweeters?

what channels will you run them from? your amp is rated

Cont Power at 4 Ohm 120W x 2ch + 240W x 2ch

few car audio speakers will truly handle 240W sustained. I recently upgraded to German Maestro Status, the 6.5 woofers have extensive cooling - even the solid aluminum phase plug is vented. But I wouldn't give them that much power.

on the pro audio front - B&C makes a real nice product.

sounds like you spent a few grand on a system but your expectations were for something different. sounds like you need to reconsider your system and move to a 3-way setup. that way you can get the loud midrange you want without overdriving the speaker. then a massive midbass driver with plenty of excursion.

if you need to stick with a 2-way, can you make these fit?

B&C 8PE21 8" Midrange Speaker 294-652

8 ohm is fine since the sensitivity is 98dB 1W/1m.

that's the same as a 4 ohm driver with 95dB 1W/1m (which car audio woofers are usually

those woofers would handle the power you want to give them and play louder than with that power than just about anything else. for evaluating how "loud" something is, look at sensitivity and power handling.

I'm running Neo Pro 8s and I am very happy with them. They're rated for 150w but I've run them on a 200wpc old school Earthquake 400TX and they took it like it was nothing. Very loud and very clean speakers, in my opinion.

if you are replacing a $1000 speaker set with a $300 speaker set, be prepared to expect less of everything. if you are just replacing the woofers, can you run active?
why did they fail? did the crossovers fail or the woofers or the tweeters? what have you tested? did you just over power them?

few car audio speakers will truly handle 240W sustained. I recently upgraded to German Maestro Status, the 6.5 woofers have extensive cooling - even the solid aluminum phase plug is vented. But I wouldn't give them that much power.

sounds like you spent a few grand on a system but your expectations were for something different. sounds like you need to reconsider your system and move to a 3-way setup. that way you can get the loud midrange you want without overdriving the speaker. then a massive midbass driver with plenty of excursion.

that's the same as a 4 ohm driver with 95dB 1W/1m (which car audio woofers are usually

those woofers would handle the power you want to give them and play louder than with that power than just about anything else. for evaluating how "loud" something is, look at sensitivity and power handling.
If I remember correctly, most of B&Cs speakers are actually 5-6 ohms but are classified as 8 ohm drivers. So that increases the "loudness" even more.

If I remember correctly, most of B&Cs speakers are actually 5-6 ohms but are classified as 8 ohm drivers. So that increases the "loudness" even more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.