Lots of radio interference...05 altima [pics]

Participant count
  • Participant list

seator

Hey All,

I've got an 05 Altima that had some work done to it.

First, 2x 12" subwoofers were installed along with a Alpine CDE-102BT stereo..everything was relatively ok. no real radio interference

then, windows were tinted, 8k HIDs were installed, and a new head unit (Kenwood DNX6160) was installed.

The radio interference is insane..position is completely irrelevant cause it just sounds like static/faded/muddy no matter where you are.

I can't really get in contact with the people who did the work so I have to solve this problem on my own. I read somewhere that the HIDs power wires can interfere with radio signal if that same wire is near it but my knowledge is limited of car audio.

I am not exactly sure what to look for or what is the right/wrong setup as far as this kind of installation goes so I am more than happy to take pictures of anything that would help

here are a few,

this is bottom left by the steering wheel. pretty sure it is a power wire coming from the battery that leads to the amp behind the rear seats

cppo.jpg

I am pretty sure this is the GPS satellite for the head unit. It sits right underneath the glass on the dash. I don't know if modern technology has combined the GPS/Radio satellite into one or if the radio one is somewhere else

yejg.jpg

This is the other side of the car by the seats. Appears to be a black cable

nx3h.jpg

Thanks again! any help is appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So I just tried listening to the radio while switching my HIDs on/off and the static increases significantly when the HIDs turn on, so with the HIDs being the root of the problem; what steps are next~?

my recommendation would be to tape up any opennings in the wire were they spliced or cut or anything like that then try to find the power wires under your hood for your hids and zip tie them away from any factory wire or possible loom it if possible

Run the rcas on the other side of the car away from the power wire. This should get rid of the noise. And while moving them check them for cuts tears damage in general and replace if necessary.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.