Lost Frequency?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bootleg
10+ year member

Got Adire?
Alright, I'm not sure if I poped a speaker or my hu is a pos but it seems that on certain songs the frequency isn't there. It seems if though maybe my amps are set to not pickup those high or low of frequencies? Anyone ever had a problem with this sort of thing?

Could be a few things......

Mis-adjusted crossover points, blown speaker, or the area the speaker is mounted in.

What type of speakers?

Where are the crossover points set?

Mounting location?

Power input?

What area of frequency do you feel you are missing?

take it easy,

-zane

Well It's mostly a guitar signatures and low level background vocals. The speakers are two Polk 6x9 coaxial 3 ways and two more 5" Polk 3 ways in the back. I don't have any crossovers yet, though I am planning to buy an AudioControl 2xs crossover. I also have a Pyramid amp and Volfenhag sub but I don't worry about those because they aren't responsible for that range. I don't beleive the speakers are blown either since they do produce fine sound on other tracks and there isn't realy anywhere else they could be mounted except their current position; in the doors and rear pannels. My other theory is maybe the head unit isn't set right? It only has one set of pre-outs that I split for four channels. Could this be it? Or should I only be concerned if it persists after I get the 2xs?

If you have 6x9's and 5"'s both in back- this may be where a good share of your problems are comming from. An overabundance of similar frequencies within the same area can be counter-effective by producing cancelation. When cancelation occurs, instances such as those you describe occur. Try omiting either the 5"'s or the 6x9's and see what happens.

take it easy,

-zane

Well no they're not all in the back, the 6x9 are in the front doors and the 5's are in the back wall side pannels. I fixed the problem however, I had the FIE control on the HU (Pioneer DEH-2300) set to 100. That made it very bland and flat. T'was odd it was set like that, I don't remember doing it. Anywho It's fixed now and thanks for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.