Lost and Confused..................

Opus

I recently purchased a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD crew cab and am in the process of completely re-doing the stereo system. Until now I've always made my purchases based on price and whatever fit my vehicle. This time I want to build the best system that I can within my budget. About the only type of music that I don't listen to is rap.

I am going to Dynamat all four doors and the back wall. Should I also Dynamat the floor and roof?

So far I have purchased the following:

Alpine CDA-9886

Clarion EQS746

MB Quart DKF-113 (for kick panel)

Every time I think that I've found the "best" speakers/amp/sub I see something else. And, honestly I have no idea what to buy. I realize that ultimately whatever I buy will come down to personal preference but I would appreciate any input from people with more knowledge/experience than I have. I'm looking for help with the following items and my price range:

6.5" speakers for front and back doors. $275.00

10" shallow mount subs to be placed behind rear seat. $250.00

Amps: mono and 4 channel. $450.00

Tweeters for "A" pillars. $100.00

Additionally I would appreciate any information regarding capacitors, distribution blocks and batteries. Should I be including any of these items in my system?

Thanks again for any/all information.

So far you have gotten good equipment, the 9886 is a fav on here. As for 6.5 id say go with a set of componets in each door. I know there are several good componets in that price range to include, alpine type r, pioneer has some, just do some searching and youll find what u want.

i doubt youll have to do anything to your cars electrical system to support the type of system you seem to be considering. Also, i would lose the rear speakers and put that money towards one really good set of fronts. I wouldn't put dynamat on the floors or roof unless those panels are vibrating. Also, you might consider just buying a 9887 instead of getting a 9886 + that clarion eq/xover.

I recently purchased a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD crew cab and am in the process of completely re-doing the stereo system. Until now I've always made my purchases based on price and whatever fit my vehicle. This time I want to build the best system that I can within my budget. About the only type of music that I don't listen to is rap.
I am going to Dynamat all four doors and the back wall. Should I also Dynamat the floor and roof?

So far I have purchased the following:

Alpine CDA-9886

Clarion EQS746

MB Quart DKF-113 (for kick panel)

Every time I think that I've found the "best" speakers/amp/sub I see something else. And, honestly I have no idea what to buy. I realize that ultimately whatever I buy will come down to personal preference but I would appreciate any input from people with more knowledge/experience than I have. I'm looking for help with the following items and my price range:

6.5" speakers for front and back doors. $275.00

10" shallow mount subs to be placed behind rear seat. $250.00

Amps: mono and 4 channel. $450.00

Tweeters for "A" pillars. $100.00

Additionally I would appreciate any information regarding capacitors, distribution blocks and batteries. Should I be including any of these items in my system?

Thanks again for any/all information.
Well Lost and Confused,

Let me start by simply saying hello.It sounds to me that your not confused or lost at all.You are just at the stage where everything u look at buying someone tells u that there is somethen better.Well heres the kicker,THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHEN BETTER.But thats why I always tell my coustomers to find a product or a shop that best caters to their needs.You have got a really good start to what seems to be a pretty solid design for your system.All of your questions are ?'s that everyone ask when they get to the stage your at,so,your doin fine.In my opinion your budget is very reasonable.So here we go,

As far as speakers go you would probably be happy if you would get a comp.set front and rear.The money u figured is plenty and their are comp. that make incredible spkrs. for quit a bit cheaper.Now for the goods,the sub(s) system depending on whether you want 1 or2 sub set-up is an open field.The shallow mount subs that I have great PERSONEL sucess with are as follows; RE AUDIO these subs are crazy loud and sound phenominial,the Pioneer subs are very impressive,I no you arent gonna believe this but I found a deal on (2)power acoustik 13" shallow subs for my little cousin and under the back seat of a Dodge Ram (05) with around 550 RMS,these things blew me away(I think he paid 165.00 for the pr.,now all of these subs can b had for 89.99 to 299.99.But try'em out and c which one tickles u the most.

As far as amplifiers go,You may b a prime canidate for a healthy 5-ch.this way you save money on installation acces.,and it simplifies things so much.If you don't mind keep me posted on your progress.This is the kinda stuff I live for.

HAPPY JAMMEN

RICK

Well Lost and Confused,Let me start by simply saying hello.It sounds to me that your not confused or lost at all.You are just at the stage where everything u look at buying someone tells u that there is somethen better.Well heres the kicker,THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHEN BETTER.But thats why I always tell my coustomers to find a product or a shop that best caters to their needs.You have got a really good start to what seems to be a pretty solid design for your system.All of your questions are ?'s that everyone ask when they get to the stage your at,so,your doin fine.In my opinion your budget is very reasonable.So here we go,

As far as speakers go you would probably be happy if you would get a comp.set front and rear.The money u figured is plenty and their are comp. that make incredible spkrs. for quit a bit cheaper.Now for the goods,the sub(s) system depending on whether you want 1 or2 sub set-up is an open field.The shallow mount subs that I have great PERSONEL sucess with are as follows; RE AUDIO these subs are crazy loud and sound phenominial,the Pioneer subs are very impressive,I no you arent gonna believe this but I found a deal on (2)power acoustik 13" shallow subs for my little cousin and under the back seat of a Dodge Ram (05) with around 550 RMS,these things blew me away(I think he paid 165.00 for the pr.,now all of these subs can b had for 89.99 to 299.99.But try'em out and c which one tickles u the most.

As far as amplifiers go,You may b a prime canidate for a healthy 5-ch.this way you save money on installation acces.,and it simplifies things so much.If you don't mind keep me posted on your progress.This is the kinda stuff I live for.

HAPPY JAMMEN

RICK
post troll

post?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

How much do you want to spend?

I'm currently running these crossed over at 4khz and like them quite a bit. Cost me $80 for the pair.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_250&products_id=1601

I've also heard great things about these Vifas:

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_427&products_id=1181

Large format tweeters will typically play much lower than small-format tweeters, allowing you to have a very flexible crossover point. And they have a tendancy to sound less "harsh," even if they are metal domes and have better power handling capabilities.

How much do you want to spend?
I'm currently running these crossed over at 4khz and like them quite a bit. Cost me $80 for the pair.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_250&products_id=1601

I've also heard great things about these Vifas:

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_427&products_id=1181

Large format tweeters will typically play much lower than small-format tweeters, allowing you to have a very flexible crossover point. And they have a tendancy to sound less "harsh," even if they are metal domes and have better power handling capabilities.
Thanks for the help. I'll check these out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.