Looking to upgrade. Don't trust dealers. Need help please.

You got me before I edited my post. Can you check it and let me know please. I'm thinking the dual 4 ohms will be better suited for the SAE-1000D, no?
Anyone correct me on this but when i look for a sub setup i choose the least resistance as possible.

So if you do 2 subs i would do both at d4 ohms so you can get a 1 ohm load, but if you are getting 1 sub get get a dual 2.

Its easier on the electrical and gives you a wide variety to upgrade in power with ease.

Anyone correct me on this but when i look for a sub setup i choose the least resistance as possible.
So if you do 2 subs i would do both at d4 ohms so you can get a 1 ohm load, but if you are getting 1 sub get get a dual 2.

Its easier on the electrical and gives you a wide variety to upgrade in power with ease.
Yeah that's the way I see it too.

Can anyone clarify that please? I'm looking to get these subs as soon as I can. I just have to make sure they fit my enclosure.

EDIT: after doing some measurements the SA-10s won't fit in the enclosure. The mounting depth is half an inch too much. I'm going to have to go with the SD-2 10's in order for them to fit. However, the question as to which ones to buy still stands (d2 or d4?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright. So now I know for sure I'm going with two Sundown SD-2 10s, but I'm having lots of trouble deciding whether to go with the Sundown SAE-1000D or the Soundqubed Q1-1200D.

What are the major differences between the two? Which is the better amp?

Alright. So now I know for sure I'm going with two Sundown SD-2 10s, but I'm having lots of trouble deciding whether to go with the Sundown SAE-1000D or the Soundqubed Q1-1200D.
Considering they're both reputable brands there might not be a noticeable difference. If there's not much price difference I would go for the "cool factor" of having all sundown.

practically 0, just get whichever's cheaper.

Sorry for bumping this, but I just got all my equipment, I'm trying to hook everything up, and I've got another noob question. I ended up going with the Soundqubed Q1-1200D, but the one thing I noticed is that running this thing at 1 ohm yields an output of 1200 RMS if the subs are wired parallel (which I was going to do). Isn't that too much for two 500 RMS subs or is that rating shared between the two?!?!

Sorry for bumping this, but I just got all my equipment, I'm trying to hook everything up, and I've got another noob question. I ended up going with the Soundqubed Q1-1200D, but the one thing I noticed is that running this thing at 1 ohm yields an output of 1200 RMS if the subs are wired parallel (which I was going to do). Isn't that too much for two 500 RMS subs or is that rating shared between the two?!?!
If you got the sundowns, they'll be fine. Sundown makes strong subs, can take well over their rated rms power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.