Looking to upgrade. Don't trust dealers. Need help please.

I agree with mylows10. If you are dead set on 2 subs then put 2 higher powered 8s in a ported box behind the seat. That's just a little bit less cone area than 1 12 but you may get some better power handling out of 2 beefy 8s than one shallow'ish 12

If you wanna go with a pair of beefy 8s, i got a custom made dual 8" enclosure that can fit under the seats, side ported, 1 cubic foot each sub tuned to 32 hz for 40 bucks local. Works real well with sundown SA 8s.

Mylows is correct when he says a single 12 can do major damage if its a beefy sub fed with proper power in a big enough enclosure.

I had a dc m2 12, in a ported at 1ohm, got real nasty. Also had a set of dd 608's, 1.63 at 30hrtz, mean and nasty. The only reason I got rid of the 8's, I got a **** good deal on a rf t2 12, already had one, but always wanted to try two of them. 2 eights in the right box, will suprise and amaze you.

what kind of mounting depth is he gonna have behind the seat? I agree 1 sub with a properly designed box is definitely the way to go but he needs to figure out just how beefy a sub he can fit back there. then he's gonna have to feed it a lot of power if his budget permits. he could also do a center console build and probably fit whatever 12's he wanted except for the beefiest ones.

check out FI or Sundown.. both make pretty nasty 12" subs (check the Q by FI and the SA-12 by Sundown).. but a single 12 in a nice box vs. those dual 10" kickers in a kicker box from best buy, it's seriously night and day. sundown makes 10" and 8" subs that slam pretty hard too if youre set on having 2 subs

ive put 4 10's behind that seat before. sounded great. way better than the 2 12" subs we took out. used the jlw1 10" subs. removed the 2 w1 12's. got way more output used the same hd 750.1 too...only difference was changing the box/subs. 10's were lower and louder. just my 2cents

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna just stick with two 10"s. I think it's the most cost efficient way. I am going to upgrade both the subs and the amp. I'll check out the sundown subs. Can anyone recommend a great, high rms amp to power them or similar subs?

I appreciate all the help guys.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna just stick with two 10"s. I think it's the most cost efficient way. I am going to upgrade both the subs and the amp. I'll check out the sundown subs. Can anyone recommend a great, high rms amp to power them or similar subs?
I appreciate all the help guys.
It on depends on what woofers you buy to suggest what amp you might need. If sticking with 10s grab a pair of SA-10s and a sundown SAE-1000 or 2 Soundqubed HDS10s and a SQ 2200 for a little bit more output. both a great companies and make awesome subwoofers. Cant wrong either way. it all depends on how much power you want to run

It on depends on what woofers you buy to suggest what amp you might need. If sticking with 10s grab a pair of SA-10s and a sundown SAE-1000 or 2 Soundqubed HDS10s and a SQ 2200 for a little bit more output. both a great companies and make awesome subwoofers. Cant wrong either way. it all depends on how much power you want to run
That's great info! I want to run as much power as I can with a $500-$600 budget. Also, will these subs fit a a box with little depth? (remember it's going behind the back seats of a crew cab Silverado).

That's great info! I want to run as much power as I can with a $500-$600 budget.
well if 500-600 is your budget. Get a pair of Sundown SD-10s with that SAE-1000. That puts you at 619 shipped from SSA

or get the soundqubed 1200d which is 269 compared to the SAE-1000 289. Me personally id get the sundown just so i have all matching sundown equipment then lol

Suppose I get the SAE-100D (which is deemed discontinued on the SA website?), which dual ohm subs would be optimal for that amp?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between the dual 2 ohm and dual 4 ohm Sundown SA-10's?
a single dual 2 ohm can do 1 ohm or 4 ohms..

a single dual 4 ohm can do 2 ohm...

with 2 subs both with dual 4 ohm can together do 1 ohm..

while 2 subs both with dual 2 will only do 2 ohms on a mono amp ive never done lower so i dont no much of the .5-.75 ohm loads.

a single dual 2 ohm can do 1 ohm or 4 ohms..a single dual 4 ohm can do 2 ohm...

with 2 subs both with dual 4 ohm can together do 1 ohm..

while 2 subs both with dual 2 will only do 2 ohms on a mono amp ive never done lower so i dont no much of the .5-.75 ohm loads.
You got me before I edited my post. Can you check it and let me know please. I'm thinking the dual 4 ohms will be better suited for the SAE-1000D, no?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.