Looking to buy an oscilloscope

That is a lot of cash if you just want it to set gains. Set your gains by ear and spent the cash on something that will do more for your system.

Agreed, setting gains by ear is inaccurate at best, and reuquires specific test CD's and a trained ear. Scopes are the way to go.

That scope is for higher frequencies, like many handheld scopes.

Get an older BKPrecision or Tektronics or Aligent or even TENMA bench model, not handheld.

Anyone ever use an iPhone app to set the gain? I see that there are a number of o-scope apps available. Don't know if any would serve this purpose or not. Anyone??

Thanks for the suggestions. If I have an o-scope iPhone program and play a frequency tone and simply let the program "listen" it will show a sine wave. Will that work to set the gain? If I turn up the gain will that sine wave eventually clip, just like it would if I had connected terminals to the speaker posts? Curious...

your iphone wont pick up bass, or at least not accurately. in fact its probably worse to try and set it with an iphone than it is just using a dmm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.