Looking for speakers, 6 1/2 under $180

Price is right, anyone on here use these? Reviews?
i fell into the hype and bought the cl60a's along time ago and i regreted it ever since. but they are not terrible speakers, i would say they're decent. but the sound quality is not what i expected it to be. it was kinda disappointing.

Since you're going for the RSd's from ebay for $90, that leaves you a few bucks left over for an amp. Check out the Profile AP1000 for $86 plus shipping. 160wrms x 2, it's a good budget amp.

Edit: Oops, just noticed it was someone else who said they were getting the RSd's from ebay, not the original poster. Well, my recommendation for the Profile amp still stands. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

....and i dont really want to add a sub so good bass too.

- I'm sorry, I missed this the first time around.

Car audio 101 states that all good car systems are based on the subwoofer-satellite system... this means a stereo front pair of speakers and one or more subs and 3-4 channels of amplification and crossover.. all the amp channels and crossovers can come in one unit such as a 4-channel amp.

Here is what I want you to think about... assuming you already have an after market head unit with pre-amp outputs, you need, at a minimum:

1) Front pair of speakers, coax is fine to start with.

2) A 4- channel amp ... front channels power the front stereo speakers, rear channels go to sub(s)

3) At least one sub and an enclosure.

Anything less than that, and you will probably be disappointed.

And don't tell me it's too expensive or you are too lazy to do it.

Budget system that will happily surprise you:

Almani PCS65C (PCS-65C) Components, $50

Panasonic 4 - channel amp, up to 700 watts RMS into 2 ohms total output capability = $120

Closeout corner sub from the factory that made JL Audio, Kicker, and Lanzar famous before they went to the China build houses = $15 - $40 credencespeakers.com

Wholesale enclosure for one or more subs (you can buy another sub and add it later if it's made for two subs to keep initial cost down.) = around $30

Install parts = $50

Total = $265.00 - $290.00

- and if that's too high, you can get cheaper coaxes and a cheaper amp, but the system above would surprise you for the dollar. Save your lunch money.

Agreed with Gary. Even if you get a small TB 6.5" sub (very solid performers) and throw it in a 0.25-0.33 cu-ft sealed box and power it with 75-125w rms, it's going to make an absolutely huge difference in the detail and quality of your music. Not something you absolutely need to do right now, it's just something to strongly consider in the future.

No worries. I just thought I'd shoot you a recommendation regardless. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.