looking for someone to help me with a design for 2 skar audio vvx-12s!

Participant count
  • Participant list

binks.333.binks
10+ year member

i just got the skar vvx 12s with the box deal... but i dont really like the box they built for me at all. This will be my first time building a box so any tips would be appreciated too.

The space i have to work with is w-40.5 L-32 H-17 i am lookin for a box designed a little bigger then the one they built me and tuned to 30hz. I asked them to tune it to 30hz but it doesn't sound like it at all... people say skars get low but it isn't so i think it might be the box.

Before you start building another box you need to find out what is wrong with the one you have, Or you could end up worse off. Figure out the net volume of the box and port HxWxL. Also look for anything that looks like it might not be right with the box.

First off it looks as though they rushed and forgot to seal the box up. And also for doesn't lower tuning like 30hz usually mean longer port? because the port is really short on the box..

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

also i asked them for specs before hand but they never gave them to me

First off it looks as though they rushed and forgot to seal the box up. And also for doesn't lower tuning like 30hz usually mean longer port? because the port is really short on the box.. 

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

also i asked them for specs before hand but they never gave them to me
Measure the box. measure the port. post them here. I, or many other people here can tell you what tuning you have.

outer dimensions of box W-37 H-14 D-19 port inner dimensions W-3 H-12.5 D-20
4 cf, not including driver displacement(Yes, I did subtract the port.) Guessing about 3.65cf net. Tuning is about 33 Hz.

I would caulk all the seams inside the box to see if it makes a difference.

What car is this in? And how much power are you giving them? How low do you want to go? The box looks about right as far as size and tuning. It should hit good from 30hz on up.

i tried putting a little bit of wood glue on the seams that they looked like to miss. i am just puzzled as to why it doesn't play the lows as well as everyone says. my friends american bass xfl 12 gets louder and lower then my 2 vvx 12s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.