Looking for an amp that fits in small places

Participant count
  • Participant list

crgroven
10+ year member

looking for an amp that is as small as the power aqcoustik razor amp atm moment im looking at the razors or the picasso nano by soundstream and yes i know the mother company is the same but the two amp are made in two different locations. i was thinking 5 channel but decided not to go tat way because if the sub channel went bad then i wouldnt have an amp at all becuase it would have to be sent int to get fixed im looking for suggestions or recommendations on amps that would work for the size i want.

lik i previously said the mother company is the same, but the housings and the configurations one the side of the amps are conpletely different and i would think about ppi but not to wild about the way they look and they have the same mother company os sound stream and power acoustik which to me look alot better and appealing

I should have asked this, but what size do you actually need to fit in this "small" space? Max dimensions excluding clearance for wires would be helpful.

Looking for both and size is 11 inches x 10 1/2 inches x 2 1/2 inches and the reason for the picasso or razor is i can run the sub amp and the four channel in that same area the area is actually about 1/4 bigger but need to go that small to fit in the hole to the area its going to sit

I would not base my decision to select a particular brand dependent of the the parent company, there a loads of small companies that make amplifiers and the competition is stiff to say the least, parent companies buy up the smaller amplifier factories like MB Quart and Crunch and etc and fund several different brands, just to stay afloat.

As an example: MB Quart was bought by Maxxsonics, the same parent company that owns Crunch Autotek and HiFonics but people want to trash MB Quart just because they are owned by the same parent company that owns what i would call 3rd tier manufacturers but i would classify MB quart as 1st tier manufacturer aka top of the food chain but despite MB Quart's solid reputation and rave reviews people will pass them by just because they are owned by a parent company that also owns less popular brands.

People replace the sound systems in their brand new Mercedes Benz, Jaguar and BMW with MB Quart products but if you ask someone on a forum their opinion it will be negative, people are a strange lot and defy logic at times but i still love em..

Hope this helps, cheers..

If you want to know how well a product performs search for reviews and/or videos on youtube

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.