Looking for a high powered 12" for a sealed box

HateKraZeD

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
I am looking to run a single 12" in a sealed box, but i want to run 1500-2000w rms... I read that a sundown x12 v3 wouldnt work well and might wreck the sub going full tilt. But why couldnt i oversize a box 2.5-3 cu ft for it? I dont know if i could build a proper ported box yet and my understanding of sub parameters are very basic. The main problem is i listen to a variety of music from low bass rap, soft and hard rock, to whatever basically. I had a 12" Alpine type S (600rms) in a sealed box and was happy, but want to send alot more power now and tune it correctly. The sub amp is a Soundstream AR1.4500D and the 6.5"s and 6x9s will have 80-100rms each

What would you do? I am expecting to hear run 2 12s or go ported, but thought id see

Adire Brahma comes to mind as a 1200-1500W sub that would perform well in sealed alignment.
This is the exact sub brand I was going to mention. Its been proven that its a Hell of a sub that takes power and serves well in sealed applications and performs very well.

Thank you! I could not find the Adire Brahma 12 in canada, so im looking at the Savard Hi-Q 12". So this sub would sound better than a Skar ZXF-12 in an identical sealed box?

Stereo Integrity hst12, only needs .6cuft after displacement. I have mine in a 15 inch double wall birch ply cube, .55cuft after displacement. 2000wrms, on an incriminator audio 3rd gen ia20.1. Good from 90 down to about 15 or so hrtz, love it comes in handy when I need extra space in the hatch. It is not on their site, but email them, and if Nick has the parts in stock, he will build you one, usually.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...