Looking for a 15 woofer, high sensitivity....Sealed enclosure 1.5 cu/ft or less ?

I have had an Fi Q 15 in a very small box. ( I still have the box so I will edit with actual space used) sound decent, but if you want low end then I suggest 12s. The Q's got loud and sounded good, but not much on the lowerend. The roll off was steep and quick.
thanks for advice

thread = fail
why ask for advice then argue with everyone? just go to best buy and ask them what would be the best 15 for your application :p
your comments = bogus

I asked for advice and Then i gave my opinion on the type of woofer and enclosure I wanted , small difference between that and arguing. Sorry I am looking to buy some sundown amps and either a cadence woofer/kicker cvx's. I dont like best buy but if i wanted some audiopipe my local flea market has a **** load of amps laying around lol..

OP, have you ever heard a ported setup that was correctly aligned for a smooth low end rather than configured for peaky response and extra output? For efficient and effortless low freqs, ported is the way to go. Seriously. In the actual sub-bass region a single ported 10 can provide more output than a sealed 15 and still sound good doing it.

OP, have you ever heard a ported setup that was correctly aligned for a smooth low end rather than configured for peaky response and extra output? For efficient and effortless low freqs, ported is the way to go. Seriously. In the actual sub-bass region a single ported 10 can provide more output than a sealed 15 and still sound good doing it.
True story.

you dont have to convince me....i agree with you, vented/ported enclosures can sound awesome in sq or spl setups but I really prefer the clean sound of a sealed enclosures a tad bit more i

I was just going to suggest a ported 10.

Btw OP, why are you worried about sensitivity with 1400 watts. Should get loud. I would get a 12 sealed or 10 ported however

OP you also are not factoring in sub displacement. Let's say you have 1.8, a particular sub may take up .3. That leaves you with 1.5. They are trying to tell you a 15 will sound like ****. They can work with some 12s in that volume. A 12 in a proper enclosure would be better than a 15 in a sorry one.

Good luck.

OP you also are not factoring in sub displacement. Let's say you have 1.8, a particular sub may take up .3. That leaves you with 1.5. They are trying to tell you a 15 will sound like ****. They can work with some 12s in that volume. A 12 in a proper enclosure would be better than a 15 in a sorry one.Good luck.
THIS!!! The smaller sub in the right enclosure will be louder, tighter and have a flatter frequency response than a 15 in a box that is too small.

OP you also are not factoring in sub displacement. Let's say you have 1.8, a particular sub may take up .3. That leaves you with 1.5. They are trying to tell you a 15 will sound like ****. They can work with some 12s in that volume. A 12 in a proper enclosure would be better than a 15 in a sorry one.Good luck.
I agree with you on that....I will have to ask the person that created the design if they included the sub displacement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.