Looking for a 1200-1500rms amplifer

treiber67
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Item(s) for Sale:

Currently in the market for a Amplifier to drive two mtx 8500 15's. Final impedance of 2ohms....please shoot me some suggestions if you have any. Budget of $200 in mind.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

If I had that Crossfire amp, I would try that 1st... that will probably be more than enough for your 8500 MTX's... IMO...

the mtx 8500's are very hard to find and really didnt want to abuse them. This setup will be going in a 2007 corolla lol which is just a car I use if I have to drive more than. 40-50 miles at a time. Ya know if they burn up I bet they would make a great recone set and will be able to bumb them up to handle the crossfire all day.

The crossfire I acquired for a killer deal about two years ago with box and birthsheet. Ive never used it, the The type to buy and not even use. I was thinking about letting go of this atomic 5k that's been sitting around forever. Just don't feel like spending the extra $1000 on the alternator and batts.
yeah guy bought my vr 600 and hp subs in december, shoulda got more for it but it was old and i got it new for about nothing., they good amps.. yeah if u run it 2 ohm stereo it'll **** some juice but try it and set gain real low see how bad volt drop is.. atomic 5k., yeah sell that and get whatever u want lol.. if u want something new that don't **** tons of power get amp like mine they $169, pretty strong but like we always say $30 more u can get a cab., if u have the room and want that much power..

That crossfire is not one I'm stable. It does 2k @2
My bad... it IS a 2 ohm stable amp... IDK why I was thinking that was 1 ohm stable... that might be too much power... It'll work for sure but I do see why you are looking for a smaller one... if it was in my ride I'd probably slag those coils and seize the subs... grinnin' all the way... lol!.. a Cab will do around 1200 @ 2 ohm and it IS inexpensive... the Crossfire amp you've got is a VR 2000D... correct?... you're looking at some electrical upgrades tho if you use it...

Last edited by a moderator:
the mtx 8500's are very hard to find and really didnt want to abuse them. This setup will be going in a 2007 corolla lol which is just a car I use if I have to drive more than. 40-50 miles at a time. Ya know if they burn up I bet they would make a great recone set and will be able to bumb them up to handle the crossfire all day.
I actually got off the phone a second ago and I was told those 8500 15's were 1000 watts each... IDK... maybe Patrick at robot is wrong but if he's right... you're golden... except for electrical tho... https://www.facebook.com/RobotUnderground/ ... he says there is not much to be done to increase the capacity by re-coning but those are 1000 watt subs anyways... Check it out?

Maybe what he said IS B/S... the manual claims otherwise... is this your sub?..

https://www.mtx.com/thunder-t8500-2003-sub-archive

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.