Lookin for some amp idea.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Un4GivN

Alright i really dont want this to become a debate over which is the best amp for the price or anything like that. But i would like some advice from someone that really knows what they are talking about. I got 2 JL 12W6's and was thinkin about getting a 1000/1 amp. But I was wondering in your opinion is there any other amp that offer equal quality and power for a lower price. To me the amp is the heart or a big system so i dont want anything cheap just maybe some ideas to amps that may preform the same for less thanx.

wow. it says ypu have 0 posts even though you have one right next to the number //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Oh, and a 1000/1 is a very nice amp, but comes at 2-3x the price of amps that output similar power. If you'll show us what amps you're looking at, and a budget, we could help you pick what will make your systerm perform at its best and maybe save you a couple bucks.

I personally will recommend the Kicker ZX1000.1. It is a wonderfully powerful amp that is very reliable and doesn't quite cost an arm and a leg. There are some cheaper alternatives, though.

Price really isnt the biggest of issues to me just longer that i would have to save to get it. Its just that i have been look around alot and see that it looks like alot of people agree that JL makes great products but seem to be overpriced.

And I actually till today didnt even think about trying to get a different kind of amp. So my mind is kinda of wide open to all ideas. I can do the research and stuff and decide what i really like. But it would be cool if someone had tons of expience with different amps and could give me a personal opinion on some other brands.

Alpine PDX-1000.1

RF P10001bd

JL 1000/1

US XT-2000D

Kicker SX1250.1

Memphis 16-MCD1000

Xtant X1001

Sundown SAE-1000D

In your opinion is the difference between these amps all in the eyes of the beholder? Will they all put near the same quality of music. Just depends what you like??

Yep... especially for subbass frequencies, it's likely going to be really hard to discern an audible difference using the same sub, enclosure, and vehicle.

Soo essetionally the the choice is up to you... Will any of these be more underrated or overrated in terms of wattage compared to another. I just always heard good things about JL. Just thinkin if you can get the some output from a less expensive amp then why not do it. Ya know.

Soo essetionally the the choice is up to you... Will any of these be more underrated or overrated in terms of wattage compared to another. I just always heard good things about JL. Just thinkin if you can get the some output from a less expensive amp then why not do it. Ya know.
Amps that would almost certainly be underrated +200-500w rms (maybe less, maybe more) @ 1 Ohm:

Alpine

RF

Kicker

Memphis

Amps that have a good chance of being underrated +1-200w rms (although maybe more) @ 1 ohm:

Xtant

US

Sundown

JL

Take this with a grain of salt, as results will vary of course.

So you mean if my amp isnt underrated by 500 watts i cant force you to buy me a new one?? ****...jk

I mean by no means am i an Expert but what ever happened to MTX amps. I had a pretty cheap one back in the day and from what i hear MTX was considered real strong and now i heard nothing of the sort.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.