Lookin for a 800watt amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

mitchellz71
10+ year member

im looking for a 800 watt rms amp to power 2 10 inch AA Assassins. they are SVC so it needs to make 800 watts at 2 ohms.

ps, i bought a power acoustik amp b/c they were cheap for my speakers and im not to happy with it, so i would like to get a better amp for my subs.

thanks,

mitchell

i use a phoenix gold x600.1 amp on my twin assassins..

this amp is a perfect match..

it will put out a little more then 800 watts at 1,2, or 4 ohm.. the twin assassins are a 2 ohm load. it is fan cooled and produces 800 watts without breaking a sweat.

woofersetc.com has it for $249.. i got mine for 200 on ebay but i havent been abke to find them on there recently

PG are supposted to be good right? has anyone had a bad experence with them?

like i said im not liking my speaker amp so i really want one that wont piss me off everytime i play it. and thanks for the reply so fast

yes, they are overbuilt.. common birthsheets read 850+/-

check the birhtsheet sticky at the top of the forum.. there are some posted.

that kicker would work, but the pg will have more power (pg=800 +, kicker 750 only at 2 ohm)and more flexibility in the future since it will work at any ohm configuration

i have this amp powering my 2 assassin 12s and the gain is on less then half.. i guarantee it will be all the juice you need for those 10s..

yeah im thinking about getting the PG. seems that because it is fan cooled it would be pretty good. my other amp makes a lot of noise through the speakers and you can really hear it when the volume is all the way down, does this amp do anything like that? thats one thing that really pisses me off.

thanks,

mitchell

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.