look at my message below....

adio
5,000+ posts

THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!
between sundown X, SA and the E series..... what makes the x a low-end monster compared to the other 2? why is the SA a good all round sub compared to the other 2? and why arent alot of people buying an E series sub???

edit edit edit-------> what subs are available that are very very similar to the x series......but cheaper?

Last edited by a moderator:
lots of peeps do buy E subs and i saw 1 review said he gained like 1/2 db with e over sa he had same amp box and car.. they said the x has with the bigger surround is the 1 that plays deep, u can get different surround..

X can handle more power than the SA/E

X Series has 10 inch spiders, 3 inch coil, bigger motor, xmax of 30mm. Compared to SA/E its a really different type of woofer/sound

SA is a 2.5 inch coil, smaller motor, 19mm of xmax, and i think two 8 inch spiders on the 10/12/15 inch versions? could be wrong on that.

E-series is more of the budget version of the SA. Buddy of mine has a pair of them and they sound pretty good imo. Lots of people have the e-series. You just don't see them because the bigger systems are what everyone looks at.

from what i remember the x series has a better BL curve over the xmax versus others which results in less distortion in lower frequencies. most of what you hear when people play lows is actually the distortion. you're asking an ambiguous question though

The X is pretty unique compared to standard designs because it maintains BL over stroke better than a traditional design. Its hard to find a direct replacement.

A few that are slightly cheaper; fi q, ssa xcon, ascendant havoc

Compares b stock to new..

The sundown x uses a thicker topplate and a thinner longer voicecoil. This offers a flatter bl curve over stroke and better thermal conductivity but sacrifices efficiency from having a higher moving Mass. They are naturally more efficent down low

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.