LONG TIME....NEW SETUP Suggetions/Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Petey Goldz
10+ year member

MICHIGAN
Long time member of CA forums been lurking around the past couple years (not posting) well im back and i need a setup for my SUV (2008 Suburban)....kinda want it similar to my DD (in sig) thinking about running 2 HDC3 18's or 2 15's off the 3500.1 adding AGM in back and H.O. alt.... maybe eeven just oredering another 2200 and run it on 2 15's Any input would help...i dont do comps i just enjoy starting my car from a half mile away and hearing it ....really woud like a setup which wont require a HO Alt...but hey sometimes u gotta pay to play....

If electrical up grades is an issue and you have cargo space to spare go with a pair of 18's in a big box on your 2K. Add a good deep cycle in the cargo area and you should be good to go. I see no reason you couldn't get close to 150 with a well built box and a couple high quality 18's on 2KW

So is that new amp, subs, hi, electrical? Or do you plan on just getting a second 2200 and what type of electrical do you have now?
Truck is Bone Stock, if a 2200 can push two 18's or 15's then ill go that route.....

If electrical up grades is an issue and you have cargo space to spare go with a pair of 18's in a big box on your 2K. Add a good deep cycle in the cargo area and you should be good to go. I see no reason you couldn't get close to 150 with a well built box and a couple high quality 18's on 2KW
id rather hold on on electrical until August when i get my bonus...my third row is DEDICATED to Audio so space i have....2 HDC3-18's on the 2200, kinetik KHC2400, Big Ported box would this suffice? what in your opinion would be the best route...

Personally I'd get an HO alt, couple of batts, and a 3500.1 A single 2200 isn't really going to push 2 HDC's all that well and sure the fug won't be heard from 1/2 mile away...

Truck is Bone Stock, if a 2200 can push two 18's or 15's then ill go that route.....

id rather hold on on electrical until August when i get my bonus...my third row is DEDICATED to Audio so space i have....2 HDC3-18's on the 2200, kinetik KHC2400, Big Ported box would this suffice? what in your opinion would be the best route...
I'd personally throw the 2400 under the hood and get something bigger in the cargo area (something like 105AH size). There's absolutely no reason you can't put up a 150 with a pair of 18's on 2K provided you have a large and well built box. From there you can add larger amps and more electrical as budget permits.

back with a quickie.....in my vehicle would 1 18 be louder than 2 18's on 1 2200d....i know i know 2 18's means more cone area but 1 18 would get the whole 2000 watts...and a side note i know if i go with 1 18 obviously it would have to be D2 wired paralell...but how would i run 2 18's @ 1ohm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.