LOL I hate to ask

They're all great options. It's literally a matter of picking one at this point and putting more time into a good enclosure

I've been doing alot of research on subs that can get loud while still sounding good in a small enclosure recently. at the top of my list is the ssa gcon / icon and the stereo integrity sql-12, although I have only been able to find some pre production reviews on it si seems to be well liked.

You might be onto something here, I just checked that sub out and it models pretty well in a sealed 1.0 enclosure

Would you suggest a 1 or 2 ohm wiring configuration?

You might be onto something here, I just checked that sub out and it models pretty well in a sealed 1.0 enclosure

Would you suggest a 1 or 2 ohm wiring configuration?
You pick sub impedance to enable amp efficiency. Wire to one ohm and set your gains conservatively and adjust till there’s not significant voltage drop.

Exactly wire for most efficiency you can always turn it down. And I'm honestly torn between the sql and gcon. Gcon models better under a cube but sql would have more output being a 12 where as I would get the gcon in a 10. Although for you it would be sql or icon.

Something that has been bugging me is if I wire for 2 ohms for 800 each, the subs I have been looking at are 1000 RMS subs, does it matter that they are only going to get 800 each?

At 1 ohm I’m 1500 each but don’t think my electrical will get me there

Not sure if I’m over thinking this LOL

You are not overthinking in the slightest. Your thought process is what makes a great install vs. a fire hazard. 1000 rms watts subs are good to go in the 300-1000 rms range. So implant them thumpers and bass your blues away.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.