locating a power wire route through the firewall

my next setup is going under the car
I've seen a couple of installations done that way, but it's usually do to the numerous runs of larger diameter wires. I'm sure it's rather safe if done correctly, and it's difficult to conceal 2 or more runs of 1/0 under the carpet.

I've seen a couple of installations done that way, but it's usually do to the numerous runs of larger diameter wires. I'm sure it's rather safe if done correctly, and it's difficult to conceal 2 or more runs of 1/0 under the carpet.
Yeah and thats where I'm going with it bro... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif

i'm sure that as long as its loomed up and secured to the frame it'll be alright... just make sure to run it ABOVE and away from the skidplates, axles, exhaust and whatnot, so that you don't have to undo your cables to do work on the car.

i'm sure that as long as its loomed up and secured to the frame it'll be alright... just make sure to run it ABOVE and away from the skidplates, axles, exhaust and whatnot, so that you don't have to undo your cables to do work on the car.
Definately... go check out steve meade's installs on wiring

I have built several system where I have needed to run the wire under the car. As long as it is ran through some sort of conduit (PVC works well) and is securely bolted to the frame and is kept away from the exhaust and gas lines it should be fine, alot faster than fussing under the hood looking for a gromet or a hole

I have built several system where I have needed to run the wire under the car. As long as it is ran through some sort of conduit (PVC works well) and is securely bolted to the frame and is kept away from the exhaust and gas lines it should be fine, alot faster than fussing under the hood looking for a gromet or a hole
PVC would make for a clean install. Good idea.

Like I said the only problem with PVC is that it has to be run with the driving conditions of the vehicle in mind. Heat and dirt roads are not the best thing for PVC but PVC does allow you to paint it to any color so that it will match and be less noticable

Many of times I have had to send the wire through the firewall where there is already wires going through, I have fond on many cars that are made more for the teenage type, there are pre-drilled holes with sealed grommets already in place. This is usually under a wheel-well. I have a 04 honda civic and it was under the passenger well.

I just drilled a hole through the firewall on my car. On my friends car we couldn't find a good spot or easy plug to go through, so we just drilled a hole close to the front under the carpet, and ran it down and into the very front. Still working fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.