LOC remote turn-on issue (two amps)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jman 31

Hey guys, this is my first post here and I must say that this forum has been very helpful in my amp installation.

Anyways, I installed a Power Acoustik A2400DB sub amp and two tens in my 2008 silverado. I used an LOC from the two back door speakers and the remote turn-on on the LOC to power up the amp because I'm still using the stock head unit. All of that went great with no problems.

Yesterday I decided to change out the four door speakers and added a Power Acoustik OV4-800 4-channel amp. That all seemed fine and was working well when I left it. This morning I went out to tune it a little and the battery was dead. Both of the amps were very hot and I noticed that neither had powered down when the key was turned off. I had split the remote turn-on from the subs LOC to also turn on the 4-channel amp, so I unhooked that wire from the 4-channel amp and it powered down which I expected. The weird thing was that the subs amp did not power down. It wouldn't power down until I unhooked the +12v wire for the 4-channel amp from the distribution block.

Any thoughts on why these two amps won't play well together? I would appreciate any advice that you could give me.

Jeremy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.