2 amps in house

Participant count
  • Participant list

earth_bender

chicago
I have a regulated switching power supply 12v/29amp 4 channel 250x4 prime punch amp

2 kicker comp 15" subs now that i got that project accomplished i want more i can feel the 15's want more power i can hear them whisper it to me, for jus project sake and fun was wondering any ideas as to power 2 amps in home what route to take what kind of power supply would be able to handle it do i go by amps my punch is 50 amps and lets say my second amp is 50 amps how do i power this do i need a 100 amp power supply or do i just need to get close to 100 amps or use car audio batteries with a charger help i want to bend the earth and compete against my neighbor i can hang with him for what i got i recon if i got a car reciever i could bang with him but i can't get low with jus 40 watts to 500 watt subs

Don't waste your time with power supplies and amplifiers designed for vehicle use. Most efficient route is just do it right from the start and buy a plate amplifier (amplifiers designed to run off 110V AC) like these

Bash 300S Digital Subwoofer Plate Amplifier 300W RMS

Bash 500S Digital Subwoofer Plate Amplifier 500W RMS

Also, 500w in a house will be much louder than 500w in a vehicle, there's no road/engine noise to overcome so don't think that's too little power. I hooked a single 10" to a 100w plate amp in my living room and it got loud enough to annoy my neighbors.

Also make sure your amperage rating for your fuse in your fuse box can handle the extra current draw from the outlets you will be using. I've worked with 240 volts for home theaters before and it was really unnecessary. So if you really want to go that route, look for lots of money to be spent. But if you can't make your system loud on 110, you're probably doing something wrong.

ok joe riddle me this again i'm doin this bcuz i jus like tinkering and i want have a vehicle no time soon i jus want to do it jus to do it without traditional home reciever. my set up now is beautiful 2 door speakers pyle 6" and a 15 in kicker comp hooked up to a power supply rated at 12v and 39 amps the amp is rated at 50amps 250w rms and it bangs i was wondering how could i implement a second amp rated at 750 rms w100 amp fuse jus for kicks but at the same time i don't want to start a fire now this is what i was thinking a battery matched up of course and a 150 amp in between hooked up to the power supply and a battery charger all in plug into a power strip with surge protect and if you were to do this again jus saying how would you play this out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.