LMS Ultra: Need a CLEAN 3kw

rc10mike
10+ year member

I b sippin on sizzurp
My #1 choice for this sub would be a Arc 4000SE, but its just big. Im looking for the cleanest possible 2.5-4kw amp for this sub, problem is it must be under 25in long. The DD M3a looks nice, but I really havent really kept up on all these huge high current sub amps lately, what else is out there?

the dd is very nicemmats IMO is one of the best..
Just checked out the mmats 3000.1d and judging by the "seems to good to be true footprint/power ratio" I dont think I can trust it...plus the internals seem non-existant....I could be wrong though, I cant find much info on Mmats stuff...

honestly, I have had experiance with 2 mmats 3500.1s in the last couple months, and I was completely underwhelmed. for the size footprint, it may be ok, but for the rating it doesn't measure up, IMO.

Starting to think I may need quite a bit more power here...TC thinks the "issue" Im having may be the amp, but Im running a BPX2200.1 which is supposed to be 2.4k@4ohms.....

The issue Im having is any bass above about 50hz has very little output and KILLS my electrical. Ive run this same amp on many other 2-2.5k capable substages and never had this issue with any of them. The low end on this sub is amazing Ill give it that, but Ive never seen such voltage drop w/ "upper" bass...

I would go with a MMATS too. Or maybe Sundown for the right price. If you use the Arc to its potential, I think it may be too much power. So many have said that the ARC is severely under-rated, with all of the super clean power it produces.

I would go with a MMATS too. Or maybe Sundown for the right price. If you use the Arc to its potential, I think it may be too much power. So many have said that the ARC is severely under-rated, with all of the super clean power it produces.
Wish I never sold my 4000SE, but it paid for my p99

Starting to think I may need quite a bit more power here...TC thinks the "issue" Im having may be the amp, but Im running a BPX2200.1 which is supposed to be 2.4k@4ohms.....
The issue Im having is any bass above about 50hz has very little output and KILLS my electrical. Ive run this same amp on many other 2-2.5k capable substages and never had this issue with any of them. The low end on this sub is amazing Ill give it that, but Ive never seen such voltage drop w/ "upper" bass...

Welcome to LMS coil world. Put some 8" 's in the doors crossed @ 50 and be done with it. I've ran LMS woofers and had similar experience...then again @ 20hz there's no comparison.

Also those Korean high current amps mostly put out max power @ .5 ohm which doesn't really go with "SQ". That being said Sundown 2500 is a monster for it's size and the DD M3 is known to do well over rated (though I suspect either would be at low impedence... Either way you'll want a couple additional batteries to run any true 3KW amp properly.

All that being said I have a Stetsom 4K2d for 650+ shipping. Makes rated power @ 2 ohm and is very small.

*edit* Now that I'm remembering I was able to get a bit more output with mine by just moving the box facing a different direction. You may be able to rebuild your box or just aim it differently and change the response enough to suit you. More info on the box and vehicle may get some suggestions as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.