Llama One Trolley Sound system - Unconventional Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi All,

Need some advice to take my trolley sound system to the next level.

Yes you heard right a trolley sound system.

The Llama One Sound system was originally built for a Burningman regional event called Blazing Swan held in Western Australia. I wanted a loop hole to having to register a mutant vehicle so using your everyday shopping trolley I built the Llama.

I've utilised a mix of car audio and hifi audio to get the overall sound and whist the system survived the festival a recent party where the llama was in the rave cave caused the sub to blow and one of the amps to short. But I think this is mostly due to the amount of heat. I've decided I'll need to install a fan inside the trolley to cool the whole system down during indoor gigs.

So currently the system is:

Alpine Type S 12" Sub (Blown)

Pioneer 4ch 600w Amp (Bridged for Top End) - (Blown)

Pioneer 2ch 300w Amp (Bridged for Sub)

Yamaha Hifi Centre Speaker (Can't remember specs)

Jamo Hifi Centre Speaker 60 Watts

Powered by an 100 amp hour Deep Cycle Battery

Is it worth upgrading my amps to competition car audio amps as well as my sub?

I can't fit a box any bigger than the 12" under the trolley for the sub.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9d1pc2w5p0ohr9w/20160604_112627.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bo8wmk71081ut3e/FB_IMG_1460079981313.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6udwavf4hpspr2/FB_IMG_1460098857723.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3areuy69vx11vy/LLamaonesoundsystem3.jpg?dl=0

that's badass lol

you can get a ppi900.4 for some more power for cheap and to replace the blown amp (or the same but keep the gain lower to keep it cool) still add a fan

are you going to build a custom box? how much room do you have? whats your budget?

it will be worth it to use pro audio speakers because you want it to be loud. i dont think your guests will notice a lack of sound quality

you're on the other side of the world so theres going to be a delay in help, im just up until 3-4 am most of the time lol

I've got an open budget really I want to make sure the system can handle a beating as it's completely mobile system so will be indoors/outdoors.

The fan will assist with the heat and shouldn't load too heavy on the battery. I've changed all my lighting to individual battery sources so the sound is the main competitor on the battery. (I should also mention I sometimes run a smoke machine and blender for cocktails off an inverter!!!)

I want to keep the sub to a 12" as thats the max my trolley can handle. Also with weight the current setup weighs about 70kgs so about the same as a llama!! I am trying to keep the weight down as much as possible so I can still push the trolley whilst Djing on it.

I. Trying to figure out what on Earth is going on there. Lol you like to do this on weekends or is it some type of Festival? We have something call mardigraw..

We put ****** systems on um.. lol

I. Trying to figure out what on Earth is going on there. Lol you like to do this on weekends or is it some type of Festival? We have something call mardigraw..

Thanks for the advice on the gear.

Basically the system is a completely mobile DJ/PA/Lighting system built within a shopping trolley.

The aim was that it needed to be completely mobile and self sufficient. It can go on any terrain since I beefed up the wheels with custom trolley castors that have non-puncture wheels on them (normally used for wheelbarrows)

Now I need to overcome this next hurdle which is making the system more durable within indoor environments where it can get quite hot.

I now realise that theres a reason that big PA systems have huge fan units on them!

Trial and error.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.