list some midbass drivers you know of

sumone
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
wanna get some 6 or 6.5 midbass drivers in the doors (which will add into my 2-way hd-62ef set in the kick panels). nothing greater than 6.5inch...even though I know people'll try to recommend me some...

prices & opinions if you have any.

I used the Peerless CSX's 6.5's and 8's before I got my ID stuff.

They sounded good, but not as good as my ID items.

They were accurate, smooth, and tight. They were good to me, but not good enough ... which is why I choose to change to something else.

I'd take a good look at the Peerless HDS, Seas, and Morel stuff.

- Steve

dunno about going with hd-6s...I want something that's purely midbass, say 70->200hz.

peerless's 6.5" stuff is pretty deep, with regards to mounting depth. I doubt I'd be able to fit anything over 3 inches (all of their 6.5s are at least 3 & 1/8").

what ID stuff did you get that you say are better than the peerless's output?

I'm liking the morel 6" mw-164, especially since they have only a 2 & 11/16" mounting depth requirement. one question, is that $84 for one, or for a pair??? I would think for a pair, but then they have the peerless stuff for like $30-$50.

dunno about going with hd-6s...I want something that's purely midbass, say 70->200hz.

peerless's 6.5" stuff is pretty deep, with regards to mounting depth. I doubt I'd be able to fit anything over 3 inches (all of their 6.5s are at least 3 & 1/8").

I'm liking the morel 6" mw-164, especially since they have only a 2 & 11/16" mounting depth requirement. one question, is that $84 for one, or for a pair??? I would think for a pair, but then they have the peerless stuff for like $30-$50.

I know I said 6.5, but then I read this about the rmb8s:

...Shallow enough to fit in a door (the 8-inch RMB8 is a mere 2-1/4 inches thick)...If you're short on space, they even go low enough to use as freeair subwoofers. An 8-inch sub in the door - thats really Livin Loud!
I was gonna have to cut some plastic even to fit 6.5s in there, now I'm thinking, why the hell not with an 8"....

http://www.cardomain.com/item/IDSCX64 - I'm going to guess Steve was talking about these

Not a pair, that's $84 per speaker (i.e. for one).

^....well those morels are outta the question....and the seas too if they're talkin 141 per driver....

I'm trying to spend about $150 max altogether, so I guess that would mean about $60-70 per driver if I reserve about 10-20 for shipping.

I did some measuring and there's no way I can fit an 8 in the door without doing MAJOR cutting. The most I'm willing to do is do a little "trimming" and adding a baffle (stock holes are 4x6).

The rmb6/8s are really catching my interest, however they seem to be unfindable. I guess they're replaced by the 04ssmb6 and 04ssmb8? anyone know anything about the differences between the rmb6s and 04ssmb6s; kicker's site even list them on their products page.

here's an ebay ad for rmb8 for about 80, ending in about a day. The only (plausible) review I was able to find said he was happy but he felt the transient response was lacking. So I was wondering if they had been improved by the 04ssmb6 ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.