list of amps that will put out rated

Participant count
  • Participant list

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
looking to upgrade my amp a bit if possible on a budget as well.

i have 2 12's rated at 2500 each. 1200 rms.

looking for a amp at 1 ohm stable to push around 1100 or so into each at 1 ohm.

i dont want to go over $300 if possible,

anyone know some good amps that will do rated for the price range i have listed?

ive looked at these.

MB Quart OA2050.1D

ab 4480.1

id really like to get a ab 120.1 or 150.1 used for the right price but that may be hard.

if you guys have any other suggestions please let me know. thanks!

If 300$ is your limit I would look at some good used amps. I cant really think of anything that will actually do 2k RMS on that budget. What kind of sub's are you using now? Also if your gonna run a 2k+ amp you will need some electrical upgrades to go with it. You could maybe check out the Apcl line of amps from audiopipe or the Atlas or Brx line from hifonics. Brx2400 is around 250$ for the version that was just discontinued,but it's not going to do 2400rms. Check Crescendo out they have a very efficient S1500.1 that has a small foot print and it will do right at 1800rms at 1ohm for 300$. It may save you from spending money on electrical upgrades too. Or save up a little more and look at the Crescendo BC2000 I just replaced my Brx2400 with one of these and it shits all over the hifonics amp.

Just keep it in mind that you may need electrical upgrades to run 2k, and that alone could end up costing you more than the amplifier will cost. If your going to keep the stock electrical I would really look at the S1500.1 from Crescendo they are very efficient something like 90%@2ohms and it will do over the rated power @1ohm. I don't know much about the new AB amps, I do know they have good quality stuff though. Im 99% sure though u will like the S1500.1 on stock electrical and they have very good sound quality.

there is a custom electrical component company in my city thats been around for a while. they quoted me $200 for rewind to 300 amps. willing to clamp the alt with me there as well.

and i also have a new battery plus a kinetic i just got as well. going to do the big 3 tomorrow as sunday are the only days i have to myself :/

If you have all that to back up your next amp then I would save a little more money and buy something good like Sundown, Crescendo, AB Vfl, I was in the same boat not long ago and it took me a month to decide on an amp. I went with the Crescendo BC2000 because you can get a .5ohm warranty with it and its a little cheaper than some of the others in the 2k range. 455$ from dropping hz after using 25$ off promotion they have. I'm very happy with mine. If your going to go with AB I would look at the VFL120.

i would have been said and done with everything. but i dropped over $800 last 2 months fixin my car . plus our tax return was well over 8 grand but that is for daycare for the kiddos.

so im budgeting myself for the next few weeks so save some more $

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.