list of 18's best for application

I need a list of 18's that will do well at 63-65 Hz tone bursts. Power up to about 20k. box around 3 cube with an 8'' aero,price 3k and under.Dont need a sub that will kill the lows just one that will be the most efficient around those frequencies.Ive seen that atomic says the apxx's will handle it but im not sure how well they will use the power or if they can just soak up a lot. Thanks in advance

3 cube for an 18?

Also very few woofers will really take 20KW burp. I have seen LV6 shred surrounds at under 10K and also I know a guy who has shredded cones on Wardens at 7-8K. Ideally you'll want to find something that you can get good access to softparts for, source some parts that will handle that kind of power somewhat and try to build them to hold up. Still you should plan to break a lot of equipment running that kind of power.

Have you considered the B2 XC18?

I'm siding with hispls on this one, 3 cubes seems WAY too small for an 18 and an invitation to WELL exceed mechanical/thermal limits long before you get upwards of 20K on it. At a MINIMUM, I'd say you need 6 cubes for that sub and would still advocate larger.

if I cant get it to work in this car i'll use it in my other,, Im running an 18 in a 3 cube in it right now and it seems to be doing fine. its all about experimenting. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.