liquid nails

You should work on your anger management.
I know what he was asking, I was merely stating that liquid nails ***** compared to other types of adhesives.

Run along, child.

Child? lol.. Seems like I can at least comprehend what people type..

His box is already put together.. He's not using it as an adhesive...

People calling other people "noobs" and "dumbass's" for stupid little things that don't even effect you, is irritating me... He is simply asking "will it seal?". the answer is YES it will.

now thats what im talkin about right there, too bad i dont build my boxes in the rain :/
But something that can bond to wet wood with ease...imagine how good that bond is going to be when dry. I can't even come close to manually breaking the bond...can't say the same with liquid nails.

I've tried prying off a baffle, and the MDF breaks and splits befor I can get any kind of separation.

He is simply asking "will it seal?". the answer is YES it will.
Really? Hmmmm....I didn't know that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Regardless of what he was asking(which had already been answered), I simply added that liquid nails was no the best adnesive to use, since more than likely he used it on his box as well...maybe he'll trying something new in the future and realize that I'm right.

But something that can bond to wet wood with ease...imagine how good that bond is going to be when dry. I can't even come close to manually breaking the bond...can't say the same with liquid nails.
I've tried prying off a baffle, and the MDF breaks and splits befor I can get any kind of separation.
yea, same with the glue i use, its ment for dense and porus material, whats the cost of that stuff u got?

yea, same with the glue i use, its ment for dense and porus material, whats the cost of that stuff u got?
i used gorilla glue. same thing. holds really well. i'll never use it again because of the "ugly" factor, but it holds extremely strong.

WHAT AN ARGUMENT THIS HAS TURNED OUT TO BE LOL.

Ok just to clarify, Ive used wood glue & screw for the build & just wanted to know originally if liquid nails can be used for the seams to seal the inside of the box, mixed reviews here tho

WHAT AN ARGUMENT THIS HAS TURNED OUT TO BE LOL.
Ok just to clarify, Ive used wood glue & screw for the build & just wanted to know originally if liquid nails can be used for the seams to seal the inside of the box, mixed reviews here tho
it's fine. not ideal, but it'll work just fine. i personally use silicone. liquid nails will seal it good enough.

Liquid nails is perfectly fine for sealing the corners.. If you have it use it. If your purchasing something else, then listen to these guys haha

Yes, child...have you already had your homecoming dance this year? Better not stay out too late, don't want mommy and daddy to get upset and ground you....how does it feel to just start driving?
wow hold on there pinky

No reason to start talking **** on someone just because of there age...

Does it make you feel better, that YOU the ADULT the one that should be MATURE talked **** on a kid online?

Liquid nails is perfectly fine for sealing the corners.. If you have it use it. If your purchasing something else, then listen to these guys haha

wow hold on there pinky

No reason to start talking **** on someone just because of there age...

Does it make you feel better, that YOU the ADULT the one that should be MATURE talked **** on a kid online?
Yup, what he said. Also, did somebody not have a homecoming date?

The one pint you are all missing, is that nobody is TELLING him to use liquid nails for a sealant... Just telling him that it will work...

If you have the liquid nails sealant then yes you can. If you have the liquid nails adhesive then no. Go buy a 3 dollar tube of silicone if you want, i normally just use wood glue to "seal" the interior with

whats the cost of that stuff u got?
I get it for free...construction job sites FTW. I come across some butyl based weather sealant that's used around outside windows and doors, too. Comes in 9-10in wide rolls of 50ft. It's kinda thin stuff but putting 2-3 layers will do a **** good job...and it's free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.